LXXI. And the Sun Sets

I furrow my brows when i see Caroline's name on my screen, "Hello?" I ask cautiously, i hadn't really talked to her since I've come home and Tyler was turned into a hybrid

"H-Hey..." Caroline said shakily. I frown, sitting up from the couch, "Are you alone?" She squeaked out.

"Yeah," I nodded even though she couldn't see me. I hear a small amount of static, frowning.

"Hello, Alina." I gasp at the voice, tears slightly coming to my eyes. "Wow, for once you're quiet."

"Ric?" I whisper. How the hell is he alive, he shouldn't be alive... unless he completed the transition.

"I need you to listen very carefully, Caroline's here, and i know you. You're not going to leave her alone here, with me. If you aren't in my class within the next..." he hums, "Thirty minutes, I'll kill her."

"Ric, wai-" The line goes dead and i drop my hand shakily. Tyler walks into the room and i jump. "Tyler?"

"Alina?" He questions, carrying a box.

"What are you doing here?" I frown.

"Aren't you and Klaus leaving town?" I nod slowly and he gives me a look as i should know. I give him a look, telling him i don't know. "I'm moving your guys' stuff for you." He sighs.

"Oh, um, thank you?" I say quickly, getting up. "I'll see you later i guess."

"Where are you going?" He asks. I stop in my tracks, tilting my head and then turning to face Tyler.

"I'm hungry." I nod, rushing out of the house.

__________________________________

I slam my car door, looking around the empty parking lot. I take a deep breath, speeding into the school. I slowly walk through the halls, knowing if i make a lot of noise, he'll know I'm here.
An idea pops into my head and i slam my hand into a locker, then rushing in the opposite direction, Ric is a new vampire with the same urges, he'll think I'm taunting him, which i am, and he'll come to find me. When i get to his room, i see he isn't in there, but i do see Caroline.

She has two pencils stabbed into her hands and a cloth around her mouth, i can see the burns on the sides of her face and i know there's Vervain on it. I rush over, holding a finger to my mouth, telling her to be quiet. I easily pull out the pencils when i feel someone behind me. I spin around, seeing Ric. I throw my foot up, kicking him back. He groans, starting to stand. I try to untie the cloth, the Vervain burning my hands.
I groan, flinching every time i touch it. I gasp, feeling myself being pulled back.

"You're never easy, are you?" Ric growls, snapping my neck.

________________________________________________