XXXIII. Always have a backup

"Did you even sleep at all?" Damon groans as he stretches. Last night i watched as Damon buried the body and helped me clean up the blood. And i hadn't slept at all. "I'll take that as a no." He sighs, pulling me to him. I lay my head on his chest as he runs his fingers through my hair. "You don't need to worry, I'm here." 

     "She killed an innocent person, Damon." I mumble, "And for some twisted game i didn't even know was going on..."

    "Why do i even try with you." Damon laughs, kissing my forehead. 

    "That's just because you're an idiot, a dumb little, stupid little-" Damon cuts me off by hovering over me, a challenging smile on his face. 

     "What was that?" 

"Nothing." I smile. He hums, leaning down, connecting his lips with mine. He starts to move down to my neck and i giggle. 

    "Stefan's not home..." 

"And what are you implying?" I smirk, rolling us over. 

      "You know exactly what I'm implying."

"I need to shower," I mumble as he connects his lips with mine. Suddenly I'm pressed against the walls in his shower, "This works too." 

__________________________________________________

          I sigh, pulling my leather jacket over my black shirt. There's a knock at the door, Damon walking out of the kitchen quirking his head. "Who's that?" He shrugs opening the door. 

     "I need to talk to you," Jeremy says i pause on the stairs, widening my eyes. 

    "And why would i need to talk to you?" Damon questions, moving to slam the door. Jeremy pushes the door back, groaning. 

    "Tyler Lockwood has to kill someone to activate his curse." Jeremy lets out quickly. "He's not a werewolf yet." I tilt my head, coming down the stairs quietly. 

    "Wow. Fascinating. Not enough." Damon says quickly, moving to close the door again. 

    "But Mason Lockwood is, and he's looking for a moonstone, a special connection to the werewolf legend, that's why he's here," Jeremy explains. I walk over to the door, walking up behind Damon. 

    "Moonstone?" 

"And i know where it is." Jeremy stated. I push the door open more, Jeremy's eyes widening. 

   "And you're bringing me this, why?" Damon asks, crossing his arms. 

   "Do i need a reason?" Jer asks, glancing towards me, I quirk a brow, Damon looking down at me as well, "Look, i just want to help, okay?" 

    "And what does Elena say about this?" I ask, crossing my arms. Jeremy looks away for a second and i tilt my head, "She doesn't know anything about this, does she?" 

     "Elena doesn't want me getting involved in all of this." He sighs, moving to walk into the house. Damon sticks his hand out, pushing him back. 

    "And you're a Gilbert and you just can't help yourself." Damon hums. Jeremy shrugs, "Wow, your search for life's purpose is just as obvious as it is tragic." 

    "Are you gonna let me in or not?" 

I nudge Damon to the side, letting Jeremy in. He gives me a small smile, walking into the house. "Really?" Damon sighs. 

    "Play nice," I smirk, walking further into the living room, I hear Damon mutter something about 'Stubborn' and follow me, a knock on the door stops me and i sigh, walking over and opening it. "Caroline... hey." I smile.