VI. Dinner parties suck.

"Look I'm not saying don't date the guy

       "Look I'm not saying don't date the guy." Bonnie says as we climb out of her car, "All I'm saying is, take it slow." 

   "Weren't you the one who said to go for it?" Elena pointed out. 

    "Now I'm saying take it slow." Bonnie reiterated.

"People are allowed to change their minds, E." I laugh, falling into step with Bonnie. 

    "Exactly, and you're single for the first time in your entire high school career. It's the perfect time to play the field." Elena laughed, shaking her head and then turning to look at us. 

    "Oh, because I'm so that girl." Elena scoffs. 

"You could be." I shrugged. 

     "Seriously, what are you not saying? You both got weird at the bonfire and now you're acting weirder." Elena pointed out. The feeling I had gotten at the bonfire hadn't really left, it was still there but it wasn't as strong as it was before. 

    "It's stupid." Bonnie dismissed, shaking her head. Bonnie started to walk fast but Elena stopped her, grabbing her arm. 

    "Bonnie." 

"What?" 

     "Spit it out." Elena pleaded. 

"I accidentally touched Stefan and I got a really bad feeling." Bonnie shrugged. Elena looked at Bonnie skeptically and chuckled slightly. 

     "Is that it?" Bonnie rolled her eyes, starting to walk away, I gave Elena an 'are you kidding me' look and she frowned, pulling Bonnie's arm back. 

    "It was bad-bad," Bonnie explained. 

"The whole witch mojo thing again?" Elena sighed. 

     "Elena." I scolded, making her frown slightly. 

"You know what, I'm just concerned. This is me expressing my concern about my best friend's new boyfriend." 

     "And I love you for it, I do. But I feel good. It's been a hard year, and I'm starting to kind of feel like things are getting back to normal again." Elena stated. "And you know what, Stefan is a big part of that." 

     "Elena, you've known him for maybe two weeks," I say. 

    "Not you too." Elena frowned. 

"I'm just saying, be careful, please." She smiles at Bonnie and I then nods. 

     "Oh, you'll listen to her, but not me?" Bonnie says playfully as we start to walk again. 

    "Good morning, Elena." Bonnie and I jump back slightly as Stefan walks up to us. "Bonnie, Alina." Bonnie grabs my arm and then pulls me slightly.