VIII. Wrong

I pulled my varsity jacket closer to me as i walked to Caroline's car, it was now drastically colder not under the field lights

   I pulled my varsity jacket closer to me as i walked to Caroline's car, it was now drastically colder not under the field lights. "Alina..." I groaned internally hearing the voice that was calling me. "Alina, come on." 

      "I'm busy, Ty." I grit out, still making my way to Cares car. "Aren't you supposed to be on the field?" 

    "Aren't you?" 

"I'm getting the megaphones." I respond, opening Caroline's door and pulling them out. "I'm surprised you're not benched." 

     "Why would i be?" Tyler scoffed, "Cause i fought your loser of a brother? Come on, no one cares." 

    "I do." I glare, he sighs, taking my arm in his hand. "Let go." He rolls his eyes and i feel his grip tighten. "Ow, Tyler stop." 

    "Why?" He grits out. 

"Because i can't stand to look at you." I glare. He looks hurt as his hand releases my arm. "You pick a fight with my brother, you tried to fight Stefan, and i don't want to be associated with an Asshole." I glare. 

    "Since when do you care about Salvatore?" He scoffs. 

    "Since my sister started dating him." I say, starting to walk back. 

     "Why are you acting like such a b-" 

"Don't finish that sentence." I gasp, turning around to see Damon standing there. 

      "And you are?" Tyler glares. 

"Damon Salvatore." 

      "Man, another one. You guys are like the plague." Tyler growls. Damon laughs and Tyler stalks towards him. Damon smirks, ready for Tyler to try and take him on but i step in Tyler's way, making him stop. 

     "How about go blow some testosterone off on the field, Ty." Tyler mutters a 'whatever' walking past us and i sigh. A moment of silence passes until i turn and look at Damon. 

   "How's the hand?" Damon asks, I hold up my bandaged hand and smile. 

    "Good as new." 

"You know, if it wasn't your brother who did it, i'd probably kick his ass." Damon laughs. 

     "Okay, macho man. Thank you for getting Tyler out of my way, but i don't need saving." 

     "Never thought you did." 

"How come you're here? Hiding in a high schools parking lot?" I ask with a small laugh. He leans in, next to my ear. 

    "Hiding from Caroline." He whispers. 

"And why would that be?" I laugh, leaning up to whisper in his ear. 

     "I needed a break." He shrugs. "She talks more than i can listen." He says in his normal tone.