LXXXIX. Cheerleader

I stare at the wall, breathing in and out since Jeremy died, I've been pretty numb, except for the nightmares and crying fits that come at random. "How are you feeling today?" Stefan asks, walking into the room.

"Better, i think," I say shakily.

"You don't need to rush getting better." Stefan says, moving to lay next to me, "It's only been a couple of days." I nod slowly, laying down, laying my head on Stefan's chest. I had heard him and Damon talking downstairs earlier, they basically think I'm a wreck, and i am. His fingers glide through my hair as i take a deep breath.

"Do you think I'm broken?"

"No," He says honestly, "I'm glad you're doing this, you needed this." He tells me.

"What about Damon and Elena? What are they doing?" I ask. Stefan chuckles, looking down at me.

"Don't worry about them, i want you to focus on you." He smiles. I muster up my best smile, and he leans down, kissing me softly.

----------------------------------------------------------
I frown, stepping out of Stefan's bathroom, hearing him in Damon talking. 'So that's the plan? Keep them together but separate and take them both back to school, you just said-'

'Damon, your fun route didn't pay off.' Stefan groans.

'I mean, hey, we got a free meal out of it.' I roll my eyes at Damon's words starting to pull clothes out.

'Look, you think i want to go to school and play chaperone? I should be keeping Alina here with me, away from so many people but you can't go because you're not a student.' Stefan huffs. I smile slightly, pulling my bra and underwear on. 'Besides, you've got to go look for Katherine- and no, you're not taking her with you.' Stefan snaps. 'Elena needs the cure now more than ever and you take Alina with you, she'll kill Katherine and we'll never get it.'

I furrow my brows, pulling my jeans on, i mean, he's not wrong. I want Katherine dead more than anything right now.

'Not that anyone asked me, but i think taking them back to school is a great idea.' My eyes widen when i hear Caroline's voice. I quickly slip a shirt over my head, walking over towards Damon's room.

"Oh, yeah. The Mayor put Vervain in the water supply." Damon hums. "So many people to kill."

"Yeah, my mom says it's about to get worse, so she could use a little help." Caroline says, walking closer to Damon and Stefan.

"I'll help." I say, leaning against the doorframe, they all look up at me, giving me small smiles.

"Hey, i-i didn't hear you wake up." Stefan smiles, moving over towards me. What he means is he didn't hear me scream, for the past two weeks I've been woken up by nightmares. I shrug, taking a deep breath. "No, you'll go to school,"

"Actually, Stefan, i think it's a great idea." Damon tells me and i quirk a brow. "I'll go after your psychotic doppelganger with the other psychotic doppelganger and we keep Elena safe from your firey wrath." I give Damon a look, rolling my eyes. "Stefan, talk to the sheriff, and blondie, take her to school." Caroline smiles and i give them a small one. "Or would you rather go to school?"

I narrow my eyes at Damon, "I know what you're doing, asshat." He gives me a look, and i roll my eyes, "Care, I'll be ready in twenty."

"Sounds like fun." Elena huffs, walking in naked. I roll my eyes, grabbing a towel and throwing it at her.

"Don't be a brat."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------