13

I didn't know if he and his friends were going to play. I kind of hoped not, because that would be weird. Playing a kissing game with a bunch of kids...ew. 

We made our way inside the house, laughing and grabbing onto Sherri, when she stumbled up the brick steps. We were the last ones to make it to the game room, so the circle was already formed on the floor, with a large enough space for us to squeeze into. 

I felt Derek tense beside me, when he saw Kat and Mitch sitting next to each other. Will was there too, sitting next to the girl from earlier. Oddly enough, that didn't bother me. This was definitely going to be awkward though. 

An empty champagne bottle was in the middle of circle. We sat down, joining the circle, then Dana clapped her hands. "I'll go first, since this is my party." She placed her hand on the bottle, just as her brother, Colby, and some other guy walked into the room. "YO!" Logan yelled. "Wait a minute! You said you were gonna wait for us to play too!" Dana rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I just said that so you would shut up. My friends aren't gonna play this with a bunch of kids." 

Thank God. Luke let out a giant sigh, while Colby's face turned red, next to him. The other kid was just watching us intently. It was a little unnerving. 

"That's totally not fair, Dana! You played this when you were my age! With kids that were older than you too! How is this any different?" I swear I thought Luke was about to actually stamp his foot. "Oh my God, you're so annoying," Dana sighed. "Fine. If they don't care, then I don't care. Are you guys cool with them joining?" She looked around at all of us. I didn't say a word. 

"Um, yeah, I'm okay with it," the girl sitting next to Will said, raising her hand, as she smiled shyly at the boys. She was probably their age, now that I thought about it! So, why was she allowed to play and they weren't? 

My mouth seemed to open on its own volition. 

"I'm fine with it," it said. "If she can play, it's only right that they can play." What the fuck was wrong with me? Maybe I was a little jealous of her and Will. I didn't think that I was, but why else would I say some stupid shit like that? 

"Yesss!" Luke said, then turned to Colby. "I can see why you like her." Colby's face turned even redder, so I looked away. I didn't want him to know that I had seen or overheard because I knew that would just embarrass him further. 

"Okay, I, for one, did NOT sign up to kiss a bunch of little kids!" Katherine exclaimed. "So, don't play, Kat," Sherri sighed. I guess she was getting sick of the uppity attitude tonight too. 

After a few more groans and protests, the guys joined the circle. "Sup?" Luke said, nodding his head at Kat. I wanted to laugh at the look of disdain that she gave him, but I held it in. She scooted closer to Mitch, who wasn't so good at hiding his laughter. 

The game started and so did the ball of nerves in the pit of my stomach. What if I had to kiss Derek? Or Mitch? Would they be able to tell that I like them? Maybe this hadn't been a good idea. Maybe I could just dip out to the bathroom, or something, until it was over. 

"Callie!" My head jerked towards the person who had just screamed my name. "HUH?" I blurted out in surprise. Kat sat there, on her knees, with a shit eating grin on her face. "You're supposed to be paying attention. Derek just spun and it landed on you. So, pucker up." 

Oh, fuck you, Kat. She knew that I had liked Derek, before they had started dating. She had been one of the first people that I had told...but, of course, he had been crushing on her, so I was friend zoned. I glared at her, but I knew that it would probably be more threatening, if only my face didn't look like a tomato. 

I could feel the heat blazing it's way over my cheeks. "Hey," I heard Derek murmur from beside me. I glanced over and met his gaze. "We don't have to, if you don't want too," he said, quietly. I shook my head. "No, it's fine. It's just a kiss between friends," I replied. He nodded, then shifted towards me. I took a deep breath and did the same. 

He leaned towards me, holding my gaze the entire time. I wanted to jump up and run away from this stupid party. This wasn't how my first kiss with Derek was supposed to go. When his lips were only a breath away from mine, I closed my eyes. His lips were warm and soft, as they finally pressed against my own. 

"That's not a kiss! Give her some tongue!" I heard someone yell. I placed my hand on Derek's chest and pushed him back a little. The moment, if there had ever been one, was gone. Logan had been the one to yell, is what I guessed, from the way he was rubbing the back of his head, like his sister had just smacked him. 

"Whatever," Katherine grumbled. "Spin the bottle, Callie." I placed my hand on the empty bottle and spun it, praying with everything in me, that I would just land on Sherri, Kat, or Dana. A peck between friends, I could handle. Anything else, I just wasn't up for tonight. 

I watched the bottle spin, around and around, until it finally stopped. I let my eyes follow the trail to see who it had landed on. I almost groaned when I saw the familiar blue eyes, holding my gaze. Shit. Colby. This was the last thing I needed tonight. 

Kat had already started snickering and Colby's face was going red again. I guess that made us two tomatoes in a pod...or whatever. He gave me a timid smile, but I couldn't bring myself to return it. I was going to receive relentless teasing from Kat about this. 

"Come on, you guys! We don't have all night!" Dana exclaimed, motioning for us to hurry up. I sighed and leaned up on my knees. Colby did the same and I saw his Adam's apple bobble up and down in this throat, as he swallowed. 

He made no move, so I knew that I would have to be the one to initiate it. Whatever. I could do that. A quick peck on the lips, then it was over. I shuffled across the circle to him, then put my hands on his shoulders to balance myself.