151

"But, baby, Captain Morgan makes you, um, mad sometimes." I heard Kelly say.

"No, you make me mad, not the liquor. Don't piss me off and it'll be fine." Will retorted, smartly.

I flinched, like he had said it to me, and tried to shrink in on myself.

"Sorry." Kelly replied, quietly.

"Whatever." He said.

"I've never had this kind though. Have you? I don't know if I'll like it." Colby said.

It took me a minute to register that he was speaking to me, because I was focused on hearing Will and Kelly's conversation.

"What?" I asked, keeping my voice low, as my eyes jerked to his.

"Where is your mind right now?" He laughed, shaking his head.

I just smiled, uncertainly.

"This. Do you think I'll like it?" He asked, holding up a black bottle.

It read 'BlackPitt's Single Malt Irish Whiskey.'

"How would I know?" I giggled, quietly, as I stole another glance back at Will.

"You know me." He insisted.

I shook my head.

"Not anymore I don't. I have no clue what you like to drink. Especially if it costs more than 20 bucks." I momentarily forgot to keep my voice down, as I laughed at Colby sticking out his bottom lip, in a pout.

"Just tell me yes or no! Should I get it?" He asked, in a whining tone.

I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Yes, get it. Then get something else that you know you'll like." I replied.

"Good idea." He exclaimed, before he grabbed a bottle of Jack Daniels off of the shelf. "Okay, on to the vodka and the rum."

He started walking towards the rum first, which was where Will and Kelly still stood.

"Can't we get some kind of vodka for me?" I heard Kelly ask, softly.

"I only have $20, babe. We still need cigarettes. I can't afford it." Will told her.

Still just as selfish as he always was. She lowered her head but didn't reply. Will didn't even notice.

He just kept sifting through the bottles of liquor on the shelf.

"Wait, can we look at the vodka first?" I asked, grabbing Colby's arm.

He turned back, looking at me with confusion.

"Why? Did you want to pick something out?"

"Uh, not really. I don't have any money, but I just wanted to look for a minute." I replied.

"I'll get whatever you want." He replied. "Yeah, let's pick out a bottle for you."

"No, I may not drink it." I responded, shaking my head. "I just wanted to look for a minute."

"Doesn't matter if you drink it. You can take it home and save it for whenever you do feel like drinking. No big deal. Okay?" He replied.

I saw Will turn towards us, from the corner of my eye, so I hid the only way that I could. I threw my arms around Colby's neck and buried my face in his chest. He was so tall now, that I was hoping he could effectively hide me.

"Thank you." I whispered.

He was going to think I was a total idiot for hugging him, just because he said he would buy me a bottle of liquor. This definitely made it look like I was beyond extra.