17

I wasn't sure if I liked Will yet. I did know that he made me feel good, inside and out, so I was going to enjoy it while I could. 

He held me for a few minutes, as we stared up at the night sky, then he started to press soft kisses to the tender skin of my neck. I let my head fall back, so that he could have better access. I felt his tongue, cold from the ice cream, leave a light trail, before he placed an open mouthed kiss near my jaw, underneath my ear. It sent chills down my body. 

"We should go somewhere more private," he murmured against my skin. I let him pull away, then we both got into my truck. "It's actually getting pretty late, Will. I need to be home by midnight, or my mom will freak," I said, as I started the engine. 

He sighed loudly and rolled his eyes. "Seriously? You're 16! She can't tell you what to do forever," he exclaimed. I laughed, thinking that he was joking. "I'm only 16," I replied. "Plus, she pays all of my bills and lets me drive her truck. The least that I can do is follow her rules." I could feel him staring at me, while I drove down the dark road to his home. 

"You are such a goody goody, aren't you?" he mused. It didn't sound like he meant it in a bad way. No, it actually sounded like he liked it. I shrugged and glanced at him, before I looked back at the road. "I just know how hard it has to be on her, without my dad around anymore. I don't want to make it unnecessarily hard on her." He let out a hearty chuckle. "Aww, that's so sweet," he cooed, making me laugh. "Shut up," I replied, shaking my head. 

He listened to One Direction with me on the way back and sang along to some of the songs. I was impressed, not gonna lie. When we pulled up into his driveway, I left the engine running and waited for him to say goodbye. 

"So, I had a good time tonight, Callie. Thanks for saying yes. Think we can do it again sometime?" he asked. He seemed nervous, as he ran his hand through his hair. Before this date, I had been prepared to thank him for a nice evening, then tell that we should just be friends. But now, I wasn't so sure. I had had a great time with him. Maybe there could be more to this. 

"Yeah, I think we can," I replied, softly. He looked up and smiled, making his hazel eyes shine in the dim cab light. "Yeah?" he asked. "You're not fucking with me?" I laughed and shook my head. "No, I'm not fucking with you!" "How about next weekend then?" he asked. "I don't know, Will. I may not have any gas next weekend and I know that I won't have any money. The insurance is due, so there won't be any extra money for me next weekend." 

I had paid for myself this evening, plus the gas, but I hadn't minded. Will had told me that he had gave the last bit of money to his mom to help her buy cigarettes for her and his dad. "I guess it's about time we got jobs, huh?" he laughed. "Ew," I replied, laughing along with him. "But, I guess so." 

Our laughter faded, as we held each other's gaze. He was kind of cute, I had to admit. I had never found him overly attractive, but now, he was pretty cute. His eyes were shining, and he had a small smile on his face, as he leaned towards me. I met him halfway, and felt his lips press into mine. The kiss was sweet and simple. Nothing at all like our heavy makeout session earlier. 

When he leaned back, his hand traveled to my cheek, and swept my hair behind my ear. "I'll see you tomorrow," he said, then opened the door to get out. "What? We don't have school tomorrow," I replied, stupidly. He laughed and looked back at me. "I know that, dummy. I'm coming over." He didn't wait for a reply, but instead, jumped out of the truck and closed the door. 

I was a little dumbfounded, because I was thinking that I would have a day or two to process the date and how I was feeling about him now. I guess that wouldn't be the case, unless he stayed with Daniel the whole time he was there. Maybe he would. I had a hard time making myself believe that though. I drove the two miles from his house to mine, and went inside. 

"Hey Mom," I said, quietly, as I stood next to my Mom's open bedroom door. "Yeah, honey," she answered. "I just wanted you to know that I'm home," I replied. "Okay, thank you, baby. Did you have a good time?" "Yes ma'am,"I said. "Will is sweet. He said he's coming over tomorrow. Did you know?" "Yes," she replied. "Daniel asked me earlier if it was okay. I think they may have talked about it earlier today. Is it okay with you?" I was quiet for just a moment. "Cal?" she asked again. "Is it okay with you?" I sighed heavily. "Yeah, Momma. It's fine. I'm gonna go to bed. I'm kind of tired. Do you need anything?" "No, I'm okay. Goodnight baby. I love you," she said. "I love you too, Momma," I replied. 

I went inside my room and changed into my pajama shorts and a baggy t-shirt that I loved to sleep in, before I lay down on my bed. I'm not sure how long I lay there, thinking about everything that had happened in the past two weeks, before my phone buzzed from its place on my bedside table. I picked it up, thinking that it was probably Colby, but it wasn't. It was Will. 

"I had a great time tonight. Can't wait to see you tomorrow," the text read. I stared at it for a minute, before I replied. "Me too," I texted back, then opened the last text from Colby. "Damn it," I said, when I noticed that my last reply to him hadn't sent. I hit resend and waited for it to clear. "Stupid ass phone," I muttered to myself. 

Another minute passed, and just as I was about to set my phone back down, it buzzed in my hand. "Oh hey! I thought you forgot about little ol' me," he had replied. I rolled my eyes. "no, not little ol' you! haha my reply just didn't send and I didn't notice. sorry!" I texted back. "It's okay. I knew you were busy on your date, so I didn't really expect a reply. So, how'd it go?" he responded.