Chapter 46- Into The City

"Lord, please speak." Several professions immediately spoke out.

Cheng Yang directly said, "I have only one request, which is during the time we are in Xiangcheng City, I hope that you can obey my command. If there any person that don't listen to my arraignment, I will have no choice but to expel them from the team. This is not me abusing my privileges, but for the team, and even for the entire Luo Feng Village's sake. A while ago, each of you had provided Lee Wanshan with two possible locations where your family might appear. Now we will follow the principle of proximity, and search them one by one. Regarding the locations you guys provided, we can't continue searching indefinitely, at most half an hour of search and rescue operations will be carry out, then regardless of the results, we will move to the next location. Today's search and rescue operations will continue until 5:00 PM, and if the search isn't completed, we will continue tomorrow. This will continue until the search and rescue operations is fully completed. Do you have any comment?"

This matter was without doubt related to the vital interests of the people below, soon the crowd began buzzing with noise.

After a long time, professions below one by one chose to follow Cheng Yang's decision. This result was also in Cheng Yang's expectation, after all, he made such a decision impartially, and was standing in the overall interests of everybody. Even if some of them were from the far south who were more inclined to wanting to search far away location first, but they also knew that it was entirely unreasonable.

After the matter was finished, Cheng Yang along with everyone began entering through the channel.

This was not the first time Cheng Yang set foot on this road, but for others, here was incomparable novelty.

If placed before the apocalypse, this channel could definitely be described as one of the Seven Wonders of the World. But now, such miracles were everywhere in the world. People longing for such miracles no longer appeared.

The channel was about dozens of feet long and entirely consists of crimson-colored rocks, which seemed to be fully formed by the solidification of magma. From the narration of those that saw the formation of this stone beam, and even the ravine around Xiangcheng City formed during the earthquake, they appeared very suddenly, completely out of thin air from the ground.

Cheng Yang and the others quickly passed through the channel, then the scenes around them went through a drastic change.

In the south side of the channel, countless overgrown trees, a virgin forest full of natural beauty; in the north of the channel, it was scenes of doomsday, even a bit more tragic compared to the environment in Huimin Town.

Here belonged to the outskirts of Xiangcheng City, it originally didn't have many tall buildings, so it was more like a shanty town. However, at this moment even the low-rise shanty towns had completely collapsed, leaving only a piece of the ruins.

Huimin Town's ruins had sprouted lots of vegetation, but here could still picture the aftermath of the earthquake. If there were no small groups of enchanted beast seen wandering the wreckage of the ruins, Cheng Yang and others would truly believe they had just arrived at a city that had just finished having an earthquake, rather than the apocalypse.

Regarding these scattered low-level enchanted beasts, Cheng Yang had no need to shot, and he didn't want to compete with his men for these power values.

However, Xiangcheng City did not only have scattered enchanted beasts, there were also many enchanted beast groups. In order to speed up the pace, Cheng Yang also had to kill the enchanted beasts.

Cheng Yang and the rest marched in the North-East direction, in a position about one kilometer northeast was the home of a profession named Shu Yuan. His family for many generations had lived in the outskirts of Xiangcheng City, and before the apocalypse, his house had been demolished*, so he became a second generation chaebol. However, he wasn't a man that would rest on other's laurels, therefore he brought a big truck to run the transportation, which by chance let him get saved by Cheng Yang.[Probably mean his house was bought for a lot of money in order to build another building there.]