Chapter 111- Decapitation

Yu Kai wryly smiled, "Lord, what do we do now? If we don't kill these birds, it would be impossible for us to attain the treasure."

Cheng Yang lowered his voice, "Isn't that why I told you to look for the biggest Whitehead Eagle? If we kill it, the matters afterward will be easy."

"Lord, look!" Liu Xiyue exclaimed as she pointed somewhere in the distance.

Cheng Yang immediately followed the direction of Liu Xiyue's index finger to discover that at the apex of the mountaintop was a giant bird's head protruding out of a nest. The volume of its head was even bigger than that of the first medium-order Whitehead Eagles.

Cheng Yang was pleasantly surprised, he said, "Yep, that's certainly our guy."

But almost instantaneously, Cheng Yang became sullen again because the bird's nest from their current position was at least 100 meters away. In addition, in between this distance were countless ordinary bird's nest. He also didn't know how these monsters did it, but they actually made all the large trees in the surroundings area bare. If Cheng Yang and the others wants to sneak in, it was almost impossible to go past unnoticed.

"Lord, why don't we rush in through the front? With Lord's defense, these monsters have no chance of dealing any damage." Yu Kai suggested.

Cheng Yang said, "I may be able to resist their attacks, but what about you? Perhaps, you can support a few times, but Liu Xiyue won't even make it through a round. Moreover, you shouldn't look down on these Whitehead Eagles. Although most of their strength are in the first early-order, but it will definitely be several times more difficult to fight against them than the general enchanted beasts. In a minute, you'll understand the reasons why. "

Yu Kai didn't say anything, Cheng Yang also kept silent for a long time before continuing, "First, let's check if there's any suitable location."

Cheng Yang's group of three surveyed the area, Yu Kai's eyes were very keen, soon he found a hollow cave not too far away.

Calling it a cave a bit of an exaggeration. Technically speaking, it could only be regarded as a cliff, with the bottom portion concave inward. Perhaps, this might not be useful in normal circumstances but if used to ward off attack from enchanted birds above the head, it was actually very effective.

After listening to Yu Kai explained the details of the cave, the trio decided to shift their position there.

Okay, let's move out! Old Yu, take the lead." Cheng Yang ordered.

Yu Kai immediately followed the order. Quietly, he climbed out from the hiding place, and then begin to sneak towards the stone cliff. Liu Xiyue soon followed after him, while Cheng Yang took the position in the rear.

They were just 40 meters away from the cliff, and with not many thistles and thorns on the ground, their speed was relatively fast.

But after just rushing out 20 meters, a sharp eagle's cry suddenly came from above, followed by raging winds roaring from all directions. A mass of black clouds began to form in the air as its beeline towards the location of Cheng Yang and the others.

Yu Kai looked back as he ran, but when he saw the dreary momentum brewing in behind him, he felt as if he had seen a ghost. How could these enchanted birds be so terrifying? These three to four meters wide wingspan monsters were pouncing at them in all direction from above. The imposing manner they brought forth wasn't comparable to those enchanted beasts that had been killed on the ground.

"Be careful!" Cheng Yang exclaimed, "You go in, first."

But just as his voice faded away, seven to eight Whitehead Eagles dove down from above their heads, their huge claws appearing eager to rip some fleshes apart.