Chapter 48- Killing Fury

"Lee, you're an expert in this field, go collect their information, and compare them to see if there are any problems." Cheng Yang immediately said.

Lee Wanshan didn't refuse, and immediately went over to listen to the reports of the professions one by one. However, in order to not let others hear their conversation, they lowered their voices.

Shortly after, Lee Wanshan returned to Cheng Yang's side, and said, "Lord, the situation isn't good."

Cheng Yang hadn't yet spoken, Fang Lei had already anxiously asked, "What happened? Don't tell me they haven't seen my wife? "

Lee Wanshan looked at Fang Lei with eyes of sympathy, and said, "Little Lei, you need to be mentally prepared, although I'm not sure what they says were true, but it shouldn't be far off. After our inquiry, seven people stated that your wife left with another group. In addition, there are three women after being threatened by us, had confessed something, they say your wife did indeed previously seek refuge together with them. But yesterday, the forefront man along with several other people, in order to distract several enchanted beasts outside their hideout, forced your wife out of the cave. The following matter doesn't need me to say, you should also be able to guess what happens next."

Lee Wanshan's remarks was like a bolt of lightning hitting Fang Lei, making him fall into a state of despair, for a long time he didn't regain consciousness. After a long period of time passed, Fang Lei having doubts asked, "Captain Lee, you said my wife was forced to leave the hiding place, then why weren't several of the other women forced out, but my wife was forced out?"

Lee Wanshan said, "Because the remaining women had succumbed to that group of people, but your wife's personality is stubborn, and she strongly resisted them. They were worried that your wife's shouts might attract the monsters, so they didn't strongly force themselves on her. But sometimes yesterday, several monsters have been lingering outside of their cave. This allowed those people to firmly make up their mind, and decided to threaten your wife with her life and innocence, to make your wife come out of the cave*."[T/N: Made her as bait to lure the enchanted beasts away.]

Hearing this, Fang Lei couldn't help but shed tears in his eyes, the rest also had their eyes somewhat moist. They felt sympathy for their comrade sad loss, while at the same time had nothing but admiration for the woman named Ruan Meng.

At this time, no one suspected Lee Wanshan's words, because the words he uttered came out from the mouths of several people, and the content said was fully consistent. Moreover, they didn't conspire with the others in getting the story straight, so their credibility was much higher than the rest of the people that were questioned.

"Little Meng, how can you be so stupid?" Fang Lei fell to the ground, crying.

Everyone could see that Fang Lei and wife loved each other very much, otherwise Ruan Meng's death wouldn't have given him such a heavy blow.

Cheng Yang went over to help Fang Lei up and said, "Now it's your turn to go personally question those people, if the facts are correct, those people will be left to your disposal. If you have any issue, you can ask me."

Fang Lei wiped away the tears, both eyes showed a trace of ruthless and resolute. He firmly nodded and said, "Lord, I know what to do."

Then, Fang Lei headed toward the forefront man. At the moment, the other side was somewhat terrified, he couldn't tell if Fang Lei figure out the truth or not.

Fang Lei coldly looked at the man, said, "If you confess, I can give you a way out."

The man gave a pleading look and said, "Boss, sir, what I say a moment ago was the truth. If someone said something bad about me, it must be because they hold grudges, after all......"