Chapter 71- Stone Forest

"No, your talent is good. If something unexpected happens, it would be a great loss to the territory." Cheng Yang said.

Zhao Chuan had something he wanted to say, but was stopped by the motion of Cheng Yang's hand. Zhao Chuan let out a sigh, he then turned and walked away.

After a long time had passed, Zhao Chuan returned, but this time he wasn't alone. He was followed by a 24-25 years old young man. Cheng Yang didn't know this man, he should have just transferred after Zhao Chuan became captain. [TLN: In case you forgot, Cheng Yang was one of the captain of the brigade before handing it over to Zhao Chuan.]

Standing before Cheng Yang, Zhao Chuan said, "Lord, his name is Wang Cheng. He is willing to assist Lord with the task."

Cheng Yang nodded and said, "Do you know the risk involved with this mission?"

Wang Cheng bluntly stated, "I know, at the worst I'll die. This damn apocalypse, in the end who knows which day they would end up dying? Anyway since that might happen to me, I would prefer if my death be at least of some value. Lord, I only hope that after I die that you take good care of my family. I don't expect them to become profession. It's fine as long as they can have a peaceful and steady life."

Cheng Yang was deeply moved. People with this kind of mindset in the apocalypse was indeed only a minority. Although there were plenty of people in this world struggling at the edge of life and death, but how many of them were capable of confronting it head-on?

"Rest assured, whether or not you are able to smoothly return, you will receive the proper reward." Cheng Yang said.

Zhao Chuan once again said, "Lord, in the end what is this matter? If the risk is too high......"

Cheng Yang knew that Zhao Chuan wanted to persuade him, so immediately he said, "Don't mention it, I have a sense of proportion. I also control the entire Luo Feng Village as well as the fate of tens of thousands of villagers in my hands, so I don't want to die anytime soon."

Hearing that, Zhao Chuan knew he was incapable of persuading him.

After Zhao Chuan was sent away, he immediately set off with Wang Cheng.

Ten minutes later, Cheng Yang and Wang Cheng arrived next to the random gate.

Wang Cheng had a puzzled look on his face. Cheng Yang began explaining the function of the random gate to the other side, and then said, "Wang Cheng, after you are transmitted over, in the event that you aren't immediately attacked, find a place to hide and don't move. Wait for me to get there, then I'll arrange the next step."

Wang Cheng nodded, the look in his eyes became firm, he said, "Don't worry, Lord. Although I'm not afraid of dying, but it's best to have a natural death."

Having said that, Wang Cheng then raised the iron sword in his hand, and step into the portal.

After Wang Cheng disappeared into the portal, Cheng Yang without hesitation, immediately turned and ran down toward Luo Feng Village.

A few minutes later, Cheng Yang rushed inside the village and came before the warrior's statue. He opened up the warrior's statue properties panel, and found the transfer's quota inside is at full capacity, making him instantly relieved.

Wang Cheng's profession was warrior. If he were killed after being transmitted over, then the warrior's transfer quota would be vacated a spot.

This was the method Cheng Yang came up with, it was also the only way to test the safety of the random gate. Of course, this approach also had some risks, but rather than being directly transmitted over, it was no doubt much safer.