Chapter 91- Barrack

Start from the beginning

This time, they shipped around 400 cubic units in wood. After building the wall, there was a lot of surplus leftover, which Yu Kai used to build level 1 residences.

After these matters were finished, Cheng Yang let Liu Chengen with the 80 newly turned professions stay in the village, and then took the rest of the professions and left Dongshan Village.

Dongshan Village wasn't better than Xianghe Village. However, due to the convenient road linking Xianghe Village to Luo Feng Village, even if the village had any danger, it could also be supported in a timely manner. However, Dongshan Village didn't have such an advantage. For a long period of time in future, Dongshan Village would be left on its own. Therefore, the supply of essential materials were necessary. Cheng Yang planned on taking another trip to Dongshan Village tomorrow, and strove to bring more people and supplies over here.

After returning to Luo Feng Village, Cheng Yang dispersed the team and let them get busy with their respective tasks. Then, he began counting the day's harvest.

Cheng Yang was mostly concerned about the wood and stone. As for the territory power value, at present the Scarlet Church instance brought in nearly 7,000 points of territory power value, so there was no need for him to worry about it.

These past few days, the number of logger and quarry workers became more and more, plus with the rise in purchase price of materials by Cheng Yang, it made everyone's enthusiasm for mining greatly increase.

The day before, the amount of wood harvested had reached 700 cubic units, but because 400 cubic units of woods were transported to Xianghe village, the remaining wood was insufficient to construct a building. And this day, there was once again an increase in the number of wood harvested, breaking through 900 cubic units. Although 400 cubic units of wood were transported to Dongshan Village, but there was still 800 cubic units remaining, enough to construct a functional building.

Stone exploitation over these past two days wasn't very good. Different from cutting wood, stone could only be found in mining sites. Around Luo Feng Village, they currently only found 2 stone mining sites. Each site could accommodate 10 people at most. A day of extracting stones from these mining sites could harvest 200 cubic units. Although this was enough stone for the construction of buildings, but as everyone might know, the real usage of large quantity of stone wasn't for the territory buildings, but on the road. This production output was without doubt a drop in the bucket for a road.

Cheng Yang opened up the territory's properties page. After doing some deliberation, he decided to construct the Barrack first. Actually in terms of practicality, the Task Hall was indeed the most practical, but there was no appointment of official military post. Without it, he was unable to accept the tasks in the Task Hall. This was the rule the Gods made, so Cheng Yang couldn't change it. Even if it were himself, if he wanted to receive a task from the Task Hall, he could only do so in accordance with the rules. [TLN: Can only obtain a post in the Barrack or Mercenary Association.]

After Cheng Yang opted for the construction of the Barrack, a white light suddenly lit up from the altar, falling down to an area in the south. After a short moment, the white light was dispersed, and suddenly in its place stood a very vast building. Its style resembled the olden times barracks.

In the territory, the Barrack definitely belonged to a type of restricted area. Other than officials of a certain rank within the territory and members of the army, others were prohibited from entering. However, at the moment the Barrack had yet to officially run, so there was no limit on who could enter.

Cheng Yang stepped inside, carefully paying attention to the details of the constructed Barrack.

This was the first time Cheng Yang stepped inside a Barrack. In his past life, he was a mercenary, and didn't have the authority to enter the Barrack. For the inside layout of the Barrack, he more or less heard from the mouth of other people.

This Barrack was only level 1, so the amount of area it covered wasn't much, only about 40,000 square meters. It sounded like a high number, but it was actually just the size of a few football fields.

Around the Barrack was surrounded by a ring of wooden fence, about two meters high. On the left side of the fence was a row of living quarters, while on the right side was the training ground.

The number of living quarters was 15. From an outsider perspective, the number of people each living quarter could hold should be 100 people.

As for the training ground, it was completely different from the modernized barrack training ground. On the contrary, it was almost consistent with the ancient time training ground, except for some differences.

On the training ground were weapons, dueling arena, and target rings prepared for training the professions.

At the center of the Barrack was a more imposing building, about three layers tall. This was the backbone of the Barrack, which belonged to the management of the Barrack. It was also their resting place.

From here, the Barrack Manager could recruit professions as soldiers, and similarly dismissed the soldiers. At the same time, the soldiers of the entire Barrack could also promote their rank from this location.

As lord of Luo Feng Village, it was naturally impossible for Cheng Yang to give himself the status of a soldier in the Barrack. He wasn't like Emperor of the Ming dynasty, who received the posthumous title of First Emperor. Since he could give himself the title of generalissimo.

Regarding the Barrack highest senior official, Cheng Yang hadn't appointed one yet, because he planned on making Niu Bing the Barrack Manager. His temperament was straightforward, which was well-suited for this position. However, Niu Bing had took his team out to sweep the monsters, so this matter could only be postponed for the time being.

Cheng Yang went into the central building of the Barrack, and opened the Barrack's properties panel.

Barrack (level 1): Army training establishment. It can accommodate up to 1,500 soldiers. Cultivating in the living quarters can increase the cultivation speed by 10%. Using skills in the training ground will receive double the skill proficiency. Every soldier can enhance the Barrack's operating rate up to two times. Barrack current operating rate: 0%.

For the Barrack's properties, Cheng Yang in the previous world had heard of it. For Cheng Yang, the most important thing he could do at the moment was to improve the operating rate of the Barrack.

The operating rate expressed the military strength and activeness of the Barrack. It was closely linked to the number of people stationed in the Barrack, the rank of the resided soldiers as well as the training ground efficiency of the Barrack.

Also because of the existence of the Barrack's operating rate data, it made the role of the Barrack in the late stage increasingly large. Using the living quarters as an example, as a level 3 village Luo Feng Village had been able to build a level 3 residence, which was capable of enhancing the cultivation speed by 30%. The Barrack was level 1 at the moment, and the living quarters could also enhance the cultivation speed by 10%. If he didn't consider the number of people the buildings could accommodate as well as the cost, residences were definitely better than the Barrack.

However, when the Barrack level rose higher and higher, along with extra skill proficiency, even surpassing the benefits of residences was also possible.