Facemask - Willow

- This one might be a little short. I like, severely edited some stuff out of my draft for the last chapter and I might not have enough to make this a full chapter but I'll try. Also, there is minor swearing in this chapter, just a warning.  Happy reading :) -

I stepped out of the bathroom, a towel around my head. I walked downstairs and glanced at the 2 glorious pizza boxes on the kitchen counter. Pizza was an amazing human food. It was amazing but no where near as good as the food Camila cooked. Like patatas bravas, gazpacho and churros.

Amity, Gus and Hunter were all sitting around the table, talking. 

I sat down and grabbed a slice of pizza. 

"Willow, what type of movie do you think we should watch tonight? Gus says animated, I say fantasy and Hunter is saying he doesn't care."

I shrugged. "I don't really care either. I do like horror though." I swallowed a bite of pizza. "So I guess that's my vote."

Hunter stared at me for a second before turning to Amity. "That's my vote too." 

Gus and Amity gave each other complacent looks. 

I took another bite of pizza and a string of cheese hung from the slice. I reached my arm out but the cheese just stretched out further. I yelled out, frustrated trying to devour the damn cheese.  

I stopped when I heard someone laughing, the string falling onto my bottom lip. It was Hunters laugh. He covered his mouth but still couldn't hide the fact he was laughing at me.

"What??" I asked aggressively, trying to chew the friggin' cheese still. He shook his head. "Nothing, nothing. It's nothing." He said, waving his hand at me dismissively  

Luz came down the stairs and made a run for the table. "Ooh pizza!" She exclaimed, reaching over the table for a slice. She yanked one away from the box, the cheese completely coming off.

She frowned at her cheese-less slice and threw it at Hunter. "Here you can have the one without cheese." 

He shrugged and happily started eating it. Luz glanced at me and grinned.

"Hey, I saw you were going through the camera's photos on my laptop earlier. What were you looking at?" She said. 

I awkwardly looked away, not bothering to celebrate my victory of finally getting the cheese.

"Oh nothing. Just a few pictures and videos I hadn't watched before."

She gazed at Hunter and then back at me. "What happened on August fifth?" She asked.

Hunter choked on his cheese-less pizza slice and started coughing. Gus winded his arm backwards and began slapping him on the back. 

"Ahem- anything of uhh... anything of note?" he asked after composing himself.

I shook my head sheepishly. 

Yes. Yes I did actually.

Luz nodded. "Alright. That's cool." 

"Oh, Luz, what type of movie do you want to watch? We're voting by genre. So far we have one for fantasy, one for animated and two for horror." Amity said, holding up the piece of paper with the tally marks on it.

"I'm a fantasy gal. So put me down for that!" Luz said, shooting finger guns and her.

"I know Vee's going to vote horror. That's her favorite type of movie." Camila said, entering the room.  

Gus groaned. "That's horror for the win then." 

I held up my hand to Hunter for a high five. He stared blankly at me. "Oh. Yeah." He raised his hand up and high fived me weakly. 

When Vee came downstairs she did in fact vote horror. We took the pizza boxes into the living room and sat down on the couch and the floor. 

"Oh yeah! One more thing before we get started..." Luz said, pulling a bunch of small thin bags out of seemingly nowhere. "We're gonna do facemasks!" She spread them out in her hand like a fan and smiled deviously. 

Everyone else seemed fine with the idea, and let Luz and Vee put the facemasks on them. 

Hunter stayed on the couch with his arms crossed. "Nope. Not happening." 

Luz was busy smoothing one of the masks over Gus's face so she tossed one of the bags at me. "Here, Willow, you're in charge of getting one on Hunter."

I nodded, determined. 

Hunter turned to me slowly, ready to run for his life.

I lunged at him, and he ran out of the living room and down the hallway. I sprinted after him, sliding around the corners.

He jumped up the stairs and crashed into a wall before trying to run again. 

I ran up right behind him and tackled him to the ground. My glasses fell off and hit the floor with a soft thud. It was certainly quieter than when Hunter and I hit the floor, landing with a crash.

We both breathed heavy, laughing slightly. "Okay... I caught you... fair 'n... square." I said, holding up the facemask bag. 

He let out a heavy sigh and scratched his head. He looked in my eyes and glanced at my glasses.

"Uh, your glasses-" He reached over and grabbed them off the floor and carefully pushed them back onto my face for me. 

My heart rate quickened but I shook it off. "Stop trying to distract me!" I opened the bag and took the mask out. He winced as it touched his face.

I evened it over, biting my tongue, focused. 

Unexpectedly, Hunter grabbed ahold of my wrist and I inhaled in surprised, as our eyes met. 

Shoot. I can't handle this right now. 

"Uh.. this thing feels weird." He said, letting go. I held out the other bag to him. "Do you maybe... wanna help me put one on too?"

He looked between me and the bag, and hesitated. 

Grumpily, he shifted his weight and took the bag. I took my glasses off and he, (poorly) put the face mask on me. 

I stood up and helped him up. "There. Now we match." I said, poking him in the arm. 

We went downstairs and sat on the couch together, just as Vee clicked play on a horror movie. The word on the screen was 'IT' in big red letters that kinda looked like blood. 

I liked it, but despite having voted for a horror move, Hunter found it absolutely terrifying. He grappled onto my arm like a little kid pretty much the entire time. 

Near the end of the movie, I felt something touch my shoulder. Startled, I whipped my head around just to find Hunter, fast asleep. His head resting gently on my shoulder.

- I hope this shorter chapter was good, there was a lot more huntlow in this ngl -