Lava lamp - Willow

- Just last chapter I was grateful for 100 reads and now we're at 200 after just one day! Saying I'm excited is an understatement but I'm just happy to see it grow. It makes me more motivated to write if I know there's people who want to read it, and enjoy it. Thank you. Happy reading :) -

-August 24th-

Here we were, back at Tar-got. Camila said we were going school shopping today. I wasn't sure what was required for a human school but I knew she would help. 

I saw Hunter eyeing the automatic doors as we walked in. I was aware as much as he was that doors opening by themselves were freaky but they weren't gonna hurt anyone. ... I think.

"Okay, I'll get notebooks and pencils and you guys can go ahead and pick out outfits. I know I bought some when you first got here but I think you'll want more than two for school." Camila said to everyone, pulling a paper out of her pocket. 

She scribbled something down on it and gave us a thumbs up before making her way down the isle.

With that, we set off our own way. I liked school shopping.

I shifted through the clothes racks, looking for something that caught my eye. 

Luz popped her face out of the rack and startled, I fell backwards. 

"Hey Willy-Willow!" She said, grabbing my hand so I could balance myself out. 

I brushed myself off and smiled. "Hello..." I tried to match the vibe she was throwing at me. "Lucy-Luz!" 

Luz beamed at me and came out from the clothes rack. "How's your clothes shopping going?" 

"It's not great. I can't really find anything." I said with a shrug.

"Hey have you seen Hunter?" Luz asked, ignoring me. 

I shook my head. "No. Why?" 

"I don't know, he looked a little off today."

I stayed silent for a moment. Luz was impossible to read. I couldn't tell by the goofy smile on her face if something was actually wrong with Hunter or not.

"Where is he?" I asked.

In one swift movement Luz raised her eyebrows up and down at me and pointed down the isle. She was so extra but I loved her.

"Thanks." I said, walking in the direction she was pointing to. 

I turned the corner and, sure enough there was Hunter. He was sitting on the floor in the middle of the isle, staring at something in his lap.

I walked up to him and looked down. There was a glowing lamp. It looked like nothing I had ever seen before. Different colors shined as little blobs moved slowly inside of the glass bottle-like lamp.

I sat down next to him and he glanced at me briefly before turning his attention back to the lamp. 

That thing. Was amazing. He turned to me again, before grabbing my hands and pressing them against the lamp. It was warm.