Middle name - Hunter

- This chapter made me cry 

happy reading -

It was nice to see Camila when she met Willow and I at the airport the morning our plane landed in Connecticut. 

She brought me a coat because it was especially cold that morning.

Luz and Vee weren't in the car though, and I feel like I was expecting them to be. 

Was it weird for me to say I was slightly disappointed?

Willow and I went on and on, talking about every little detail about the vacation on the ride home. It was like we could talk about it for hours.

Camila listened eagerly, paying attention to our chatter, and the road.

She pulled into the driveway of the house and Willow quickly unbuckled and opened the car door.

She must've been pretty excited to see her dads again. 

Taking her suitcase with her, she stepped away from the car.

Before she started walking away she turned around, speedily climbing back into the car, giving me a quick kiss. "Thank you Hunter."

Then she looked over to Camila. "Thanks for driving me to the portal Camila!"

"Anytime Willow! Tell your parents I said hi." She replied, looking at Willow from the rear view mirror kindly.

With a wave, Willow ran off behind the house towards the back in the direction where the portal was.

"Well it sounds like you two had a good time." Camila commented. She unbuckled and got out of the car.

I took a breath in. "The human realm is... so cool."

She nodded in response, taking her keys out of her pocket and opening the front door.

We walked into the house and I couldn't help but feel like there was something different.

Was it Camila? Was it me? Did the house get a new paint job? I had no idea.

It felt empty. None of Luz's shananagins twenty four-seven or Vee's horror movies on full volune in the living room.

It was weird to say the least.

I walked into the kitchen, following behind Camila anxiously, when I was attacked out of nowhere.

I didn't have any time to react before Luz and Vee were latched onto me like a couple of boiling leaches. Very giggly leaches.

Once I regained my balance without falling to the floor, I smiled at them. That's what felt different. My sisters. 

I looked over at something sitting on the counter. It didn't look terribly important, just a couple of papers and a pen.

However, seeing how curious I was looking at it, Camila picked it up and walked over to Luz, Vee and I, with a huge smile on her face.

Luz was jumping up and down excitedly. 

"Y'know how I asked you what you would want your middle name to be if you had one?" She asked.

She was holding onto my arm with her surprisingly strong grip.

Sometimes I forgot just how strong she was.

Vee held onto my other arm somewhat gently.

"What about it?" I asked in return.

Camila handed me the papers expectantly, still holding her big smile. The paper in the front was a long paper with a few longer paragraphs on it.