Flowers and flyer derby - Willow

- Guys I'm actually going places with this. Like I don't mean I'm becoming a best-selling New York times author but like I'm extremely happy with where I'm at with this story right now. 

Tbh, I don't know how I'm going to end this series. It can't go on forever. And people are going to lose interest. I need a satisfying conclusion to leave it on. I don't know when though.

Happy reading :) -

I watched as Hunter walked off, and I closed the door. 

Butterflies.

I walked back into the kitchen and smiled at the flowers that were in a vase on the counter. They were really, very pretty. It was so thoughtful for Hunter to have gotten these for me. 

"So when did you guys start kissing cause, that was some romantic stuff." Dad said, setting his glasses down on the table and grinning.  

"You don't have to answer that." Papa interrupted. 

"Were you guys watching us?" I asked suspiciously. 

They looked at each other awkwardly. "No. No of course not!" Dad shook his hands in front of him defensively. 

I giggled. "It's alright. I won't tell." I gave them a wink and brought the vase up to my room. 

I put them on my dresser where some other potted plants sat. The flowers stood out as the most colorful thing on the dresser. 

Sitting down on my bed, I stared at the flowers, wondering what I would've been doing if Hunter never came to Hexside when he did. Or if he stayed with Belos as his right hand man.

Everything would've been different. 

I would still have Luz, Gus, Amity and Vee, but it wouldn't be the same.  

I loved Hunter. I loved him so much. I loved him and I was going to keep loving him. 

With a long sigh, I grabbed one of my pillows and threw myself onto my back, hugging the pillow enthusiastically. 

Clover looked up at me from where she was sleeping, concerned. 

I threw the pillow back down and stared up at the ceiling. It was a nice ceiling.

A few minutes went by, and there was a knock at the door. I sat up and pat down my messy hair.

"Come in!" 

Dad popped his head in and smiled. "Hey, if it's alright, can your dad and I go out somewhere together tonight?"

"Oh, Uh yeah you don't need my permission to ask, but I was hoping to go to the flyer derby game at the hand tonight?"

Dad bit his lip and looked away. "Uhm, actually I think it would be better if you stayed here while we're gone. We'll take you to the next game alright?"

I just nodded. This was actually the last game until next flyer derby season, but I wasn't going to argue. Arguing was pointless anyway. Usually, my dad was pretty cool but when it came to going out he tended to take a more.. I'll say cautious approach.

"Alright, love you sweetie."

"Love you too Dad."

I got my scroll out and went to PenstaGram.

"Bye Dad! Bye Papa! I'll so you tonight!" I waved as my Dad's walked out of the house. 

"We won't be back until late so I made some dinner for you." Papa said, his voice trailing off as they got further down the street.

As soon as they were out of sight, I closed the door and ran upstairs then looked over the stone wall of the little balcony that was connected to my room. 

Hunter stood outside, looking up at me. 

After my dad came in to talk to me, I had gotten PenstaGram out and texted Hunter. He had kept his scroll to keep in contact with everyone in the demon realm. 

But anyway, Hunter agreed to wait until my Dads left, and then go with me to the flyer derby game. It was a little more sneaky than I was used to, but I needed to see this game, and even if my parents used to play fly derby, they just weren't as into it anymore.

So, here I was, climbing out of my balcony to secretly go to a flyer derby game with my boyfriend. I prayed to titan this would go right.

Just to be safer, and because we had the time, we decided to walk to the hand. I lived pretty close to the forearm anyway, and once we got to forearm forest we would fly to the hand for the game.

We walked together, my arms wrapped around his. 

"Are you sure your dads aren't going to find out?" Hunter asked nervously.

"I'm sure. Although admittedly I've never done something like this before.. Still, it'll be nice to go with you, I mean, isn't flyer derby technically how we met?"

He put some thought into it and nodded. "Yeah. I guess it is. Plus, I trust you."

"As you should." I replied, closing my eyes and tilting my head so it was pressed against his shoulder. 

The night air was cool, and even though the stars weren't as pretty as the ones in the human realm, as I looked up at the sky, I still liked to look at them as they glimmered.

I let out a long, jovial sigh. Hunter looked at me curiously, his one long strand of blonde hair whipping up to one side of his head.

Without even looking, I brushed the strand and it fell back to its usual spot on his scalp. I had no idea what it was with his hair, but I had this weird need to always fix it and style it when it needed neither. 

But his hair. It was always strangely soft and was just the perfect shade of natural blonde that the light from the sun and the moon glinted off it the same way.

I looked up at him, meeting his eye.

Butterflies.

I looked away, down at my shoes. I liked how I still got flustered, and got butterflies when I looked in his eyes, or kissed him.

"I like your face." I said to him.

He laughed, raising his chin up to the sky. 

"Well I like your face."

When we finally made it to the game, I paid for the tickets, since Hunter had no more snails left, and we sat down to watch.

I was basically jumping up and down. This was the first real flyer derby game I had ever been to. 

And it was so exciting. On one team, there was Gore-ticia Adams, Infernal Myrtle, MadMummy, and my all time favorite, Stabitha Jenkins.

On the other, was Biohazard, Long arm Lolita, Hailey Hex and Tif Lawless.

This was definitely going to be good. Hailey Hex against Stabitha Jenkins was a rivalry I've been waiting to hit the field for forever now.

And even though he didn't seem as enthusiastic, at least Hunter tried to be excited for me.

- I usually try to have a consistent posting schedule. Every 24 hours at least written and published 1400 word chapters. But I might go off my schedule for a bit.

I don't know for how long, and I won't go into any detail but a slightly urgent family issue has popped up, and I will keep writing, just not as frequently as I usually do.

I'm hoping it won't take too long, for my sanity and mental stability mostly, but I'll post an announcement before posting another chapter, whenever that will be.

Either way, I hope you can be patient with me. -