Portal door - Hunter

- get lego eda'd and rickrolled both at once

thats pure simp behavior because I said so. Happy reading :) -

- Sunday morning -

I woke up and with Luz sprawled out on the couch next to me. I immediately reached for the glyph in my pocket and sighed in relief when my hand brushed against the paper.

I took it out of my pocket and stared at it. It wasn't glowing anymore and the other words were gone.

Who could've sent this?

Luz stirred beside me and let out a yawn. She sat up and looked at the paper in my hand. I handed it to her and she silently took it, stood up and walked into the kitchen. 

I sighed. I wished I could read her mind. Maybe then I could really help instead of giving her stupid pep talks I wasn't even good at.

Once everyone was up, Luz and I sat at the table with all of them and began talking.

"So last night, the glyph, it started.. glowing, and when it glowed, something else showed up, that didn't show up yesterday." Luz said, sliding the paper into the middle of the table.

Everyone looked at it curiously. 

"The crossed out word? It's collectors. And the other words said that Eda is alive but King is in danger."

Someone let out a low gasp. 

"Hunter said he had an idea, but wanted to wait until everyone else was up to tell us." Luz looked at me expectantly, as did everyone else. 

"Well uh, whoever wrote this. They have to be from the demon realm. And they got here somehow. This was meant for us to find." I paused and pointed to the glyph. "None of us know what this glyph is, so what if, we tried to use it for the portal door? It's kind of far fetched but it's always worth a shot."

I shrugged.

"Hunter that's.. That's a great idea!" Luz exclaimed.   

I smiled at her. I was glad she thought so. 

"We can try right after breakfast." Willow said. She reached across the table and touched my hand.

There was silence for a moment before Gus coughed. She pulled her hand away and I cleared my throat.

Amity and Luz smirked at each other. Vee just yawned.

"You two have been acting weird since the dance. Did something happen?"

Willow turned red and I burst out into a fake laughter. "No, why would something have happened?"

I bit my tongue. Shut up Hunter. 

Luz giggled. "Yeah Hunter, why would something have happened? We all know you're too scared to make a move on Willow anyway." 

I glared at her. "Hey! That is not true! I- ..." I sat down and crossed my arms. "I could totally do that. If I wanted."

Gus stuck out his tongue at me. "Rizzless."

I didn't even know what that meant but I assumed he was insulting me.

Luz laughed. "RIZZLESS! HAH!"

"What does that even mean??!" I asked.

"It means you have no game." She replied with a smirk.

Willow started laughing too, laying her head down on the table. 

"And what would you know about it, dear Willow?" Gus asked suspiciously. 

She smiled at me, almost asking permission if she could tell everyone the truth. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"I know enough about it. Especially considering I already kissed him."

I choked, I wasn't expecting that though. Amity slammed her hands down on the table and yelled. "I KNEW IT!"

I continued choking and coughing. I thought I was dying. 

"Amity, batata, everyone knew it." Luz said, calming Amity down. Amity huffed and sat back down. "Yeah, yeah, congrats." She said, waving her hand around a bit.

"Hey, is anyone gonna save Hunter, I think Willow killed him." Gus asked, pointing to me as I laid face down on the floor.

I was fine, I just found it more comfortable there.. totally.

We gathered all of our stuff to make the portal, and went out back to the abandoned house and started setting up.

After awhile, the only thing needed was the glyph. Luz pulled it out of her pocket and taped it to the door.

She stepped back and took Amity's hand. Amity gave it a gentle, reassuring squeeze and the two of them smiled at each other.

It was so sweet. 

I glanced at Willow. Were we a couple?

She took my hand and opened my fist, facing my palm upwards. She softly ran her fingers over one of the little scars on my hand. Then she put her hand on top of mine, lacing our fingers together in a forbearing way.

"Hunter, if this works.. Is anything going to change?" She asked.

"I mean we're going to a different realm. And you know how different the human realm and demon realm are." I explained.

She laughed weakly. "I mean with, this." She held our hands up together.

I stared at it, holding her hand always made me feel better. "Why would it?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe I'm overthinking but there's going to be a lot going on in the demon realm. maybe you won't.. want to be with someone."

Was she really worried about that? I thought.

"Is it stupid?" She asked.

"It's not stupid, I'm just surprised you feel that way. I don't think I've felt the way I feel about you with anyone else, ever. Just because we're probably going into something way bigger than any of us can imagine, I would actually rather face it with you."

Willow craned her neck up and kissed my forehead. 

"Okay, is everyone ready?" Luz asked.

Gus and I nodded. Willow gave a thumbs up. Vee shrugged and Amity smiled encouragingly.

Luz jogged up to the door and smacked the paper.

I wasn't sure if it was going to do anything but my stomach did a flip as the paper warped into the door in a explosion of light.

Luz ran back to us, jumping off the porch, away from it and into Amity's arms.

The door made a zapping sound and Vee yelled something that could barely be heard over the noise. "Cover your eyes!!"

I covered my eyes and crouched down on the ground.

Oh titan I messed up!

- I don't have school tomorrow so I'll be writing more, expect an update soon :) -