Winter formal pt.2 - Hunter

- Sorry, I would've posted the two winter formal chapters earlier, but I didn't realize I was going to be out of the house all day, and I didn't get back until like 10:30 pm.

Luckily, I still have time to write.

This will probably come out on May 29th, so Happy memorial day.

And Happy reading : ) -

"Do you wanna dance? Luz and Amity are already out there."

Willow tried to pull me out onto the dance floor. I stood there hesitantly. I wanted to dance. I really did. But I also didn't want to brutally embarrass myself in front of my girlfriend. 

Lila pat my back and nodded at me. 

Most of the time, I wouldn't find anything about her reassuring, but something different about this time.

Something in my mind pep-talked me. 

Hunter, it's called a school dance. What was the point of coming here, and taking one of the people you love most, if you aren't going to dance. So either dance with her and don't have a care in the world, or don't and probably regret it until you die. ... Maybe that was a slight exaggeration but I got the point. 

But then, it seemed like my choice was obvious.

I let her pull me away from the wall and drag me across the room. We ended up a few feet away from where Luz and Amity were happily dancing together.

Immediately, Willow started dancing and spinning around like a natural. I wanted to dance too. So I watched everyone around me carefully. 

They were all too caught up in their own poor dancing skills that if I did too bad, it was okay.  

I mean it was just moving your body around in a really strange... ritualistic looking way... ... Youtube didn't prepare me for this seance ass dance.

It made me feel so bad that I wasn't dancing. She looked like a professional. And she was having fun. But I truly couldn't do it.

She stopped dancing for a second and grinned at me. Her smile was so understanding. Like she knew exactly what I felt, why I felt.

"You don't have to dance if you don't want to. I know this is a little out of your comfort zone." She put her hands on each side of my face gently.

"N-no. I'm sorry." I put my hands over hers and closed my eyes. 

"Hey! What are you sorry for? You made it out here! I'm proud of you. And I'll wait until you feel ready to dance and if you never do, that's also fine!"

I actually found, the perfect person. In the history of ever. And she found me too.

A second later, the upbeat music was changed to a slower, softer song. This is what I only assumed could be the slow dance.

She pulled her hands away and shrugged at me. "Your choice."

"I want to stay." I said.

"Are you sure? It's not a big deal at all if you don't wanna dance."

"I'm already right here. And I'm not going anywhere." 

Now this, is actually what Youtube prepared me for. Still wasn't sure if I was going to do it right but like I said, I was right there and ready to try my best.

She put her elbows up on my shoulders and delicately and swiftly pulled herself closer to me. I placed my hands on her waist and she laughed softly.

Her laugh gave me butterflies in the pit of my stomach.

I actually used to question why the heck they were called butterflies, but it wasn't until I met Willow that I started to understand.

Luz and Amity passed us, Luz brought her hand up, and spun Amity around, her dress twirling as Luz stopped her from spinning and went back to holding her. 

Willow followed my gaze, then smiled at me. She took my hand in hers, lifted it up into the air so one of each of our arms were outstretched and spun me around just like Luz and Amity did. 

The heels of my shoes turned on the gym floor as she spun me. I pulled myself closer to her again, feeling confident and surprisingly serene. 

"See, dancing's not that hard." She said.

I exhaled through my nose and looked up. "Maybe not this type of dancing."

She nodded. "You're doing great."

"Am I?"

"Eh. But I love you for trying. Again, I know this isn't really your thing."

"...No. It's not." I agreed. "But I try my best. Even if.. I'm a bad dancer."

"Well it is your lucky day then."

"Mm? Why's that?"

"I happen to really like bad dancers."

I leaned my head down so I was a little closer to her.

"Well that's a really weird romantic preference but I'll take it."

She stood up a little taller and kissed me. I kissed back, returning the same gentleness she gave me. 

Scaring the absolute living crap out of me, the music had a sudden change of heart again, and switched to the same sort of upbeat, song that was playing before.

Willow took both of my hands and swung herself backwards, as I stood in place, holding onto her.

I spun her around the same way she spun me and I luckily didn't trip. Maybe I wasn't quite as bad as I thought.

But then I actually did trip. Backwards. I expected to hit the ground pretty hard, but it didn't take very long to realize that I hadn't hit the ground. 

Willow caught me, and turned it into a dip. Then she pulled me back up to my feet and smiled like nothing happened.

I have an awesome girlfriend.

We got two cups of the questionable punch, (or juice or whatever it was) and went outside.

We sat on the steps outside, looking out onto the snow-covered grass and the sidewalk.

"I'm getting deja-vu out here." Willow commented 

I looked out over the sidewalk. A memory flickered into my head, from the first time I took her to a school dance.

She had dragged me outside to ask why I wasn't with Sabrina, and I told her because I liked her, and not Sabrina. Then.. I asked if I could kiss her.

Being out there reminded me of how the first kiss was. I was so unsure and didn't want to mess everything up. 

I scooched up closer to her and she put her head on my shoulder. 

"Would you love me if I was a worm?" She asked.

"I'm sorry?"

Now I was just confused. Was this the turn my relationship had taken?

"Would you still love me if I was a worm?" She repeated.

"No." I said without any hesitation.

"Good. Me neither."

"What made you even ask that?"

She shrugged. "Lila told me to ask."

"Of course she did." I mumbled.

Willow started to laugh. "Of course she did."

- There will still be more of the dance, this isn't it, I'm just really tired and would like to have this out tonight rather than tomorrow. -