Meeting the parents - Hunter

- I really enjoyed writing this one, it has to be one of my favorites tbh. But you read and find out what you think.

Happy reading :) -

My alarm went off at 11:30. I would never be used to that. Even though I used to wake up at 5 or 6 every morning, I really, really, really liked sleeping in. Camila said it was normal for a teen my age.

I sat up in bed, scanning my room carefully. There was the lava lamp Willow got me on my desk. There was a cat bed on the floor next to my bed, and a cat tower on the wall by it. Miso never slept in her cat bed though, she always slept in my bed next to me.

There was a birdcage and a few things hanging from the ceiling for Flapjack. He also often slept by me, comfortably on the headboard of my bed.

There were many different books scattered across the room, on the floor, the desk, the shelf. There was a stack of them next to my bean bag chair. I loved bean bag chairs. They were barely chairs at all, and just so strange to sit in.

On the blank wall by my window, Luz had helped me set up a collage of different photos. They were of flyer derby games, photo strips from photo booths, banned posters, and an array of photos of Miso and the palismen, Luz, Willow, Gus, Vee, Mattholomule (Even though I didn't even like him that much.) and others. 

I could see the dust particles dancing around in the sun rays that leaked through the half window of the basement.

The Cosmic Frontier book series sat next to my bed. I kept them there since I read them the most.

I stood up and stretched out towards the ceiling. 

But something felt wrong. Ever since I moved in with Camila, I never set alarms to wake up unless I had something important to do. Or I had school. But I never set alarms on the weekends.

So what did I have to do today?

I sat back down on the edge of my bed and thought. "Do you know what I have to do today Flap?"

Flapjack chirped, and flew over to the picture wall, plucking a photo off the wall and bringing it to me.

It was a picture of Willow. Did I forget I had to see her today, I-.

It wasn't just any picture of Willow, it was one from when she was little and her dads were in it, smiling next to her.

"OH! WILLOW TOLD ME HER DADS WANTED TO MEET ME TODAY." 

I set the photo down and walked out of the room, but quickly realized I was still in my pajamas, and ran back into the room, to get ready for my day.

Once I was ready, I walked upstairs, Miso and Flap following close behind me.

"Good morning Hunter!" Camila said to me as I walked into the kitchen. Luz and Vee were sitting at the table eating oatmeal, and Camila was searching through the fridge.

I sat down at the table and Luz slid a bowl of oatmeal towards me. "Here, Vee and I made some breakfast for you."

"Thank you." I mumbled, looking down into the delicious mush. Mush and delicious were not words that were supposed to go together but that is how I described oatmeal. 

Although, it would never be as good as a breakfast food as pancakes. Pancakes were, and will always remain number one in my heart.

"You alright Hunter? You look nervous. Or excited. I can't tell. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I uh-" I shoved a spoonful of oatmeal into my mouth and swallowed. It was cold. "I'm meeting Willow's dads today."

Luz leaned back in her chair. "Well I hope it goes well. I didn't have a formal meeting with Amity's parents. But when I did meet them, it didn't go that well."

"Thank you for the vote of confidence, dear sister." I replied. Vee just gave me a thumbs up. Very helpful.

"When are you leaving? How long will you be staying? Do you know what you're gonna say to them?" Camila bombarded me with different questions.

I just shrugged. "I don't know. I don't know anything. I've never done this before. Willow told me not to worry but, I'm worrying."

"Well you really shouldn't worry. Knowing Willow, her dads must very nice people. Especially if they raised Willow."

I agreed. They had to be nice if Willow was so nice. I totally didn't have to be nervous because I used to be the golden guard who was willing to risk just to help Belos destroy the isles. I mean, I didn't know but still. I also tricked their daughter into thinking I was a friend and then tried to get her to join the emperors coven, which I'm sure she told them about. And now I'm just supposed to show up, as her boyfriend? Out of nowhere. 

Yeah.. I kinda sucked.

Half an hour later, I was walking out the back door towards the portal. And into Bonesborough.

I knew the way to Willow's house from the portal, I had met her there before, just. Not her parents.

And I was, very nervous.

On my way there I passed a row of stands, and one of them were selling flowers. I wondered if I should've brought Willow something, and so I decided to get flowers just in case.

I only had on snail though.

"Hey, what can I get here for one snail?" I asked the demon behind the stand. 

"Is that a joke?" She said harshly.

I backed up and laughed. "Uhhh yes. Yes it was. I'll just be on my way-"

The demon laughed warmly and shook her head. "No, no, I'm just messing with you. You need these for someone?" She asked, waving her hands at the array of flowers on her stand.

"Uhm, yes."

"Here, I can tell you're a guy in need, and I'm in a good mood. So give me you're one snail and you can pick out any flower arrangement you want."

I smiled at the demon, looking over the flowers.

"Really?"

She nodded.

I handed her my snail and she took it, immediately pocketing it with a smile. What flowers did Willow like the most? What if I got her a kind she was allergic to? Or one of her dad's was allergic to?

I was not very good at being a professional boyfriend.

Still, I made an arrangement I thought was pretty, thanked the flower demon and made the rest of the way to Willow's house.

- I'm writing this minutes before I leave for a dance comp so I won't be writing tmrw also sorry this is so short, ty, ily, bye -