No time to mourn - Willow

- Idk when I'm posting this, either on the 8th, 9th or 10th, but its whatever either way.

Y'all last your minds over the last chapter, and not in a good way. So. I'm sorry. Again. Like, I was threatened. Both sides of my pillow are warm because of you guys.

Happy reading -

Hunter. Puppet. Belos. Collector.

It was all a blur. But I knew one thing. Hunter wasn't Hunter anymore. He was one of the collectors puppets.

No. No. No. I repeated it over and over. But no matter how many times I screamed it at myself, it wouldn't bring him back. It wouldn't bring Luz back. It wouldn't bring my Dad's back.

My breath got heavy as I fought.

Tears filled my eyes and blurred my vison as I stared at Hunter, lying on the floor. He looked like a doll. His joints screwed on so they could move. Strings tied to his hands and knees. Stars and Moons dotting his clothes.

In the blink of an eye, bright pink strings came down seemingly out of nowhere, grabbed onto Luz and Hunter's limp bodies and dragged them up to Titan knows where.

There was no time to mourn. I needed to act. I used my forearm to lift up my glasses and wipe the tears from my eyes. Don't cry.

Do. Not. Cry.

I created a massive spell circle around myself, avoiding a few shots made at me by the collector. 

It sent vines out in different directions, spiky and large.

Suddenly, a thick mist filled the room. Someone grabbed my arm and began dragging me towards another room. I kicked and fought. 

Whoever was pulling me away, why would they?? I needed to fight. I needed to be strong. Be strong.

I cried out, my voice shaking. 

"Please! Calm down!" It was Amity. 

I stopped struggling and let Clover turn back into Palisman form. I looked around. Where was I and who was I with?

I was in a dark room, surrounded by Amity, Gus, Viney, Lilith and King. 

Gus wrapped his arms around my shoulders in an embrace. Lilith sat on her knees, King in her lap. Viney stood next to us, a hand over her mouth. Amity was pacing back and forth, fresh abomination goo staining her clothes.

My throat burned. My eyes burned. I felt like I was on fire.

Viney leaned down and began healing a cut on her knee, her spell circle quivering. 

I think this was a bit more than we all thought we could handle. 

Amity wiped a tear from her eye. And Gus, simply cried. He didn't hold it back. 

I held out my arms to him, and he collapsed into me.

Only a few seconds later, he went completely silent. He sniffed, and sat up tall. "I'm sorry." He said quietly.

"For what?" I asked.

"Everyone else is keeping tough. Keeping it in. I have no excuse to cry like that right now."

He didn't really think he couldn't cry right now right?

"Gus-" 

Just then, Amity burst into tears. She hung her head and pressed her fist to her forehead. She couldn't seem to get any words out though.

Eda shook her head. "We can't dwell on this. We're gonna game plan. We have to stick together and stay strong if we really want to save the Boiling Isles."

Amity chuckled dryly and stood up, along with Eda and I. "You sound so hopeful right now. Like Luz."

King gripped onto Eda's leg like a child. Eda leaned down and pat his head. I couldn't imagine what it was taking for them to keep their pain about Luz in. Or did they not know.

"So let's go find Luz and the blonde kid, and we'll make a plan." 

Amity, Gus and I all exchanged looks.

"Luz and Hunter... Have been collected.." Viney explained.

Eda's weary smile disappeared. I could see the sadness flickering in both her and King's eyes.

Eda slowly transformed into her harpy form. "Let's end this."

"This is the longest, most challenging game of tag I've ever played!" The collector chirped, leaning against his chair. Puppet Raine stood beside him, glaring.

We had to get Belos out of Raine. Once we had Belos out, we could get Raine to join the fight and defeat the collector together.

To get Belos out of them though, we had to get them alone. Which meant luring the collector away. So King was going to offer a new game to play to the collector, and if it works, Amity was going to use her abomination magic to trap Belos for a few seconds, so everyone else could get close enough to them.

At that point, Belos would need to willingly leave Raine on his own. There was no way to force him out. 

So when King comes back, hopefully having bought us some time with the collector, will be able to cancel out some of his magic and hopefully getting Belos out of Raine for enough time for us to trap him.

It wasn't the best, full proof plan, but it was all we had. And it all depended on time. If we did something too slow or messed something up it would all fall apart.

While Amity was getting her abomination ready, King walked through the doors towards the collector. 

"King!" The collector said with a smile, raising his hands in the air.

King waved nervously. "H-hey collector! ... Do you want to uhh.. Play a game with me?"

The collector nodded, side eyeing Belos. "Yeah! I was getting a litttleee bored of playing with Raine. I love a good game of tag, but I hate just waiting around like this. What did you have in mind?"

King clapped his paws together. "Maybe hide 'n seek? But just in here this time, and not all Bonesburough."

"Hmm, a game of hide 'n seek with just the two of us? In the archive house?" He thought for a moment. "Sounds fun!"

"Great!" King exclaimed. "You hide first, and I'll seek."

With that, him and the collector ran off.

Thinking that was too easy, I had to remember that they were basically just kids. When given the opportunity to play a new game, the collector wasn't going to hesitate because he was just a kid.

Just a kid.

Belos looked like he wanted to follow, but knew the collector wouldn't let him. Fortunately for us.

"Ready." Amity whispered, nodding at me.

Viney stood behind Lilith, and Amity sent the abomination off in a flash. My heart pounded. We all had to depend on each other now.

The fate of the Boiling Isles was on our shoulders.

- Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm kind of braindead atm after watching the final episode. What did you all think abt it? -