Sorry - Willow

- Some of my readers are so sleep deprived it's not even funny. I know I stay up for hours every night writing and binging horror movies but I have insomnia so I have an excuse.

Also, last chapter I apologized for mis-spelling Bonesborough, but I've also mis-spelled palismen this whole time too. I've been spelling it, palicemen. So my bad again.

Anyway, please get sleep, I know you're Wattpad kids but sleep.

Happy reading :) - 

I was told the first kiss felt the most electric and exciting. I think kissing Hunter for the first time was definitely the most special but the feelings I got as we kissed in the middle of the silent classroom couldn't lie. 

I think I would continue getting butterflies incredibly easily because of him until the day I died. 

We pulled away, and my lips pulled up into a smile. 

"This is probably what Matt and Gus are doing right now." I said.

"Good for them, can you kiss me again??" He asked

I let out a laugh. He was adorable. "We have to get some sleep though." I argued, although I had exactly -1000 problems with kissing him again, we really did need sleep.

"Please??" 

I rolled my eyes and gave him one more, long, quality kiss, then stood up.

He stayed on the floor, facing the ceiling, petting Miso calmly. He seemed like he could just fall asleep there.

"Are you just going to sleep there?" I asked, looking through the drawer of old, dusty camping supplies were we left for makeshift beds.

He nodded and closed his eyes.

"Well if you're comfortable." I threw a musty looking sleeping bag at him, and it landed on his face.

He didn't even move. "I miss the human realm." He admitted, his voice muffled under the fabric of the sleeping bag.

I sighed. "I thought you might. I mean, look how close you were to staying there." I spoke with my back turned to him, looking through drawers and shelves.

"I'm sorry." He said.

I turned around and stared at him. I folded up my sleeping back in my arms and sat back down next to him. 

"You don't have to be sorry, Hunter. You were scared, you didn't know what to do. And that's okay. I just wish you didn't try to do it all alone."

"I've always had to do everything alone. So when you were all leaving I thought I had to make a decision and I had to make it right there and then.. but I felt like I couldn't go back. I'm sorry."

"Hey! Stop apologizing. There's nothing to be sorry for. You're here, and safe. We're going to beat the collector and..." My voice trailed off. What were we going to do then?

Would we go back to the human realm with Vee and Camila? What was going to happen.. to the Boiling Isles? To us? To everyone??

It didn't occur to me to think this far into the future. 

Hunter moved the sleeping bag off his face and tipped his head up at me curiously. 

I picked at my nails in a nervous manner, trying not to make it too obvious that I was worried. But I was, I really was worried. What if we couldn't stop the collector?

"Willow?" His voice echoed, breaking me out of my thoughts. I blinked at him. "Are you okay?" he asked. 

I gave him the best smile I could. "I'm fine. We should get some sleep."

He studied me for a moment, his eyes scanning my face intensely. He sat up on his knees and turned to me. He wanted to say something to me. I could tell. I wasn't sure what he wanted to say but it was something, at the very least.

"I'm not good with pep talks, sorry." He said finally.

"Hunter!" I scolded, smacking his hand. He reeled back and gave me a hurt look. "Stop it! Stop apologizing!" I grabbed both sides of his face and looked him in the eyes. "There has not been any reason tonight you would've had to apologize, yet you already have three times!"

He started to say something then bit his tongue. "Don't say sorry." I instructed sternly. 

"...Okay." He replied. He smiled at me, somewhat sadly. I tipped his head down and planted a small kiss on the bridge of his nose. 

When he looked back up at me, his smile looked a little happier, and that was all that mattered. 

"Okay, now we should really get some sleep." I whispered, knocking our foreheads together affectionately. 

A crack of thunder woke me up. Rain hit the windows in a rushed patter, in a much less enjoyable way than it did in the human realm. I could tell it was the morning, although everyone was still asleep and the sky was a sad shade of gray.

I sat up and glanced across the room where Hunter was sleeping next to Puddles and the palismen. He was curled up with his legs tucked into his chest, and his arms wrapped around his shins. 

He must struggle with back pains. I thought to myself. 

I stood up and found my own back in pain, from the shitty quality of the musty, hard sleeping bag. I groaned and pressed my hands on my lower back, stretching for a moment before walking towards the door quietly.

I opened the door and peeked out into the hallway. Matt and Gus's room's door was open, and so were a few other doors down the hallway. But everything was silent.

the soft sound of fabric rustling made me turn around. Hunter had rolled over and was now laying on his back, but still loosely curled up, so he looked like a weird egg. 

How the heck was he comfortable sleeping like that??

Another crack of thunder boomed outside, causing him to sit up in alarm. He looked around and blinked at me. 

"Morning." I said.

He scratched the top of his head and flashed a dull smile. "Morning."

"Have you always slept like that?" I asked, nodding my head down at the floor. I found it fascinating that he just slept like that naturally.

"Slept like what?" He stood up and dusted himself off. 

"Like a turtle."

"I don't sleep like a turtle."

"Like a turtle egg."

"I don't sleep like a turtle egg either."

"Yeah, you do."

He stared at me, debating in his head whether or not I was lying to him. Why I would lie to him about his sleeping position? I have no idea. 

"It's cute." I said casually. As casual as possible at least.

A light pink blush faded over his face and I smiled before turning back to the door and looked out into the hallway again. "Now, c'mon -- I'm going to find the others."

I held out my hand to him, waiting patiently at the door.

- Sorry this took forever to get out, I'm currently busy planning for a trip over spring break and I'm still trying to figure out if I'll be able to write while I'm there so y'all might have to wait a week+ for an update..

We'll see though. -