Nerves - Hunter

- I'm taking this opportunity to just say thank you to the people that comment on this. My absolute favorite thing when I post online has always been when people find any amount of joy in what I make, and when I get to interact and read peoples comments, good or bad. There are like 3 people who consistently comment and they put the biggest smiles on my face. Thank you. Happy reading! :) - 

I basically worshiped Willow. I mean who wouldn't??

She was pretty much the most amazing person I had ever met. That's why everything she did made me nervous.

There's this feeling when I'm around her, that reminds me of the lava lamp. It's warm and bright and I could never figure out what made me feel that. But from what I've gathered, it means I love her.

It's so weird. Like nothing I've felt before. And maybe I wasn't ready for anything romantic. But there's not better place to start.

And that's all I thought as I sat on that trampoline. Just taking in the fact that she was near me, and wanted to be near me.

She jumped again, but this time she spun around in mid air. And it was cool. 

She bounced down and looked at me. "Out of breath already? You're so red." She laughed. "You only jumped once!" 

When I didn't answer she sighed and leaned over to me. "Are you feeling sick or something? You seemed fine just a second ago." She placed the back of her hand to my forehead which probably just made me redder.

"I feel fine." I said, standing up. The trampoline was a little hard to stand up on but everyone else seemed to get it just fine. 

I moved her hand away from my face and she went back to smiling. 

I watched everyone else jump around. Luz and Amity were basically attached at the hip, and Gus tried to do some sort of flip and fell flat on his face. Vee was in her own world, somehow actually managing to do several flips and air tricks pretty much flawlessly. 

The heck?

How did she get this stuff so quickly. 

Willow followed my gaze and giggled. "Vee looks like she's doing pretty good. You think either of us could do that?" 

I shook my head. "You're funny." 

"I know I am, but I thank you anyways." She said. 

"Do you know? How can you be sure I wasn't just lying because you're technically still the captain of the flyer derby team." 

She gave me a playful, wide-eyed look. "I hope you'll be calling me captain now instead of Willow then." 

"Fine by me, captain." 

There was a moment of silence before we both burst out into a bruising fit of laughter.  

We just laughed. And I'm not going to lie, it was the best.

-August 29th-

(3 days later)

We all decided to work on the door again. It was going good at first. We had a plan and we had everything set up. We ever hauled an old treadmill all the way outside for it. 

But at the end of the day, it just blew up in our faces. Literally. With more fire.

We had been working all day. Everyone was frustrated. Not even Camila's sandwiches could help this time.