Roller Skates - Willow

- I loved reading all the comments from the kiss, it was fun. Anyways, Thank you so so so much for 2k reads! :) I'm starting my gustholomule fanfic once I post this chapter, so if you want, check that out, I'll announce it when I put out the first chapter. Happy reading :) -

The car stopped in front of a large building and everyone stared out the windows. 

"Why are we here again?" Vee asked, patting down her ear.

"Mami and I agreed you guys should all get to experience as much of the human world as possible, so today, we're taking you roller skating!" Luz exclaimed, getting out of the car, and thanking Camila.

Hunter looked somewhat intrigued, as did most of the group, as we walked into the roller skating building.

There was one big oval that dipped slightly down into the floor, in the middle of the building, a wall lining it. There were flashing lights and laughing kids, and it reminded me of the school dance. 

The only memorable thing at that dance though?

I glanced at Hunter, and smiled. I didn't have to bite back the urge to simply reach out and hold his hand. 

So I did. I took his hand in mine and tried not to make a big deal out of it as I walked beside him.

I think we both might've been silently freaking out.

Luz led us to a counter, and a guy with long hair gave us all weird, questionably fitting shoes. But they weren't normal shoes, they had wheels at the bottom.

"What the heck are these?" Hunter asked, holding the shoes in his hands, flicking one of the shoelaces grumpily.

"These are roller skates, and they are the most popular reason blonde guys named Hunter get injured every year." Luz replied, holding her pair of skates up to the ceiling, as if to worship them.

I sat down on a bench and took my shoes off to start getting my skates on. I listened to Hunter and Luz continue to talk in the background. 

"Wait really?" Hunter asked Luz. I could imagine Luz smirked at him before replying. 

"Of course it is, you be careful now, maybe go get a chaperone. I think Willow could handle you."

Standing up with them on was incredibly off-putting and long story short, I couldn't stand. I fell over, landing on the brightly colored musty carpet.

Vee grabbed my hand and helped me up with a smile. She seemed to be able to hold herself up incredibly well for having wheels on her feet. 

Luz held both of Amitys hands, so Amity didn't fall flat on her butt like I did and moved towards the big oval in the middle of the roller rink.

I thanked Vee and she skid off in the same direction as Luz and Amity, but she didn't make is far before Gus basically flew into her. He had obviously gotten the hang of moving and balancing on the skates, but he didn't know how to stop. 

I giggled to myself as they both got up off the floor. Luz and Camila had some really good ideas when it came to making sure we got some good human realm experiences. 

I stood up taller on the skates and watched as everyone slipped onto the rink. Except for Hunter. I furrowed my brow and turned around. 

Hunter was sitting on a bench, struggling with the shoe laces. 

He didn't know how to tie his skates.

He looked up, and flushed, realizing I was watching him. He sat up and turned his face away, and putting his skates down on the ground.