Persuade - Willow

- So I actually published this originally on may 29th, but then unpublished it because I hated it and wanted to redo it so this is the modified version. 

Sorry if it's just as bad, i'm trying so hard to think positive right now.

happy reading  -

Hunter and I sat together on the steps outside the gymnasium. It was cold, but not too cold. Not cold enough to make me want to pick my head up off his shoulder and let go of his hand. 

He placed a long, thoughtful kiss on my forehead. I closed my eyes and smiled to myself.

Even though dancing with him was fun, the peace was nice too. It always was. Being around him in general was always fun. I mean, I'm not naive, I know there are ups and downs in a relationship. And I'm prepared to brave both with tremendous courage.  

After a little bit of just sitting outside in silence, I lifted my head up and stretched out. "Do you wanna go back inside? If we wanted to just sit in silence we could've done that at home." 

"Yeah okay." He nodded and we stood up together. He opened the door for me and waited patiently as I walked back inside. 

"What a gentleman." I said as he walked up behind me. I placed my hand on one side of his face and kissed the other side.

His smile got a little wider.

To my extreme surprise, a few minutes later he actually walked up to me and asked if I wanted to go dance with him again. And it was completely his suggestion.

Of course I said yes. And when we got out there, his attempt to dance was better than last time, but I did have to help him on more than a few occasions. 

But I was just happy he wanted to dance with me anyway.

And with that, we danced the night away, unlike before when I didn't even get a chance to dance too much. But it was so much fun! I had no regrets. I spun and moved and twirled around like no one was watching.

Another slow dance started, we spun slowly, probably looking a bit corny, but honestly, who cared? Not me. And as far as I was concerned, not anyone else in the whole school.

The two of us continued to dance together until everyone stopped dancing and started to leave. It was some of the best fun I had ever had. Camila pulled up in front of the school as I started to get tired. 

Dancing really tuckered me out. Like, a lot.

It started snowing again by the time we got into the car. The sun had gone down and the bright snow contrasted against the dark sky as we drove. It was so pretty. I thought to myself. 

Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw Hunter, studying the view outside the window curiously. He was so handsome. I thought instead.

After that, all I remember was leaning against the car window and falling asleep. Then being at the portal door. And Hunter hugging me goodbye and me walking home.

Amity walked home with me, and slept over at my house that night. We were both knocked out cold. I guess we both danced too much. Wait, never mind there's no such thing as dancing too much. 

The next day, I brought my parents to the kitchen for a family meeting. I was going to try to persuade them to let me go on that human vacation with Hunter. Now, I was no lawyer, but I could sure try to persuade them like one.

It might've been a long shot but Hunter and I both agreed we were going to ask both our parents today. And I was not going to back out.

"Willow, what's this about?" Papa asked as I sat down.