Round trip - Hunter

- I'M BAACCCKKK HIII I MISSED WRITING SM

I literally cannot wait for the next few chapters sooooo do with that what you will

HAPPY READING : ) -

I woke up alone on the couch in the living room. I think I fell asleep with Willow right next to me but now I'm not sure.

The door to the deck slid open and Willow and Ryan walked in, shaking the water off their umbrellas.

Willow saw me and smiled brightly. 

"Hunter! You're awake!"

"How long was I asleep?" I asked.

"Ryan and I were only out for around twenty minutes so about that long." She responded, taking off her shoes. 

She carefully set her wet shoes down on the mat by the door carefully and stood up.

She walked over and sat on the couch next to me, giving me a small hug. 

She smelled like summer rain and lilacs. I knew it couldn't have been her natural scent but it was almost comforting.

At some point in the day, everyone decided they wanted their rainy day activity to be making a blanket fort and watching a movie.

I wasn't really on board with this plan, considering I didn't like blanket forts and I didn't like being in blanket forts.

Willow offered to stay upstairs with me if I didn't want to stop her from having fun.

"No, I want to.. stay with everyone else in the blanket fort."

She gave me an unsure look. "Are you sure?"

I balled my fists up at my sides. "I'm not a baby, it's a house made out of blankets."

Willow backed off a bit and nodded at me. "Okay. Okay. I trust you."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to get mad."

"I understand, you just don't want to feel helpless or scared. It's alright."

I uncurled my fist and took her hand. It was nice to know that after being the golden guard my entire life, I found someone that can understand me.

It actually ended up being okay. I was weary about the large blanket fort but Willow sat with me the whole time.

Chasity insisted we watch a movie called Princess and the Frog, and it was about a girl that turns into a frog and falls in love with another frog who's actually a prince.

But there's no princess involved and it confused me.

Willow seemed to enjoy it though. And Ryan and Chasity were singing at the top of their lungs to every song.

Overall it ended up okay. I think I actually enjoyed it.

There were only a few days left. The next morning I woke up next to Willow again, who was sprawled out like a starfish as usual.

Starfish or not though, she was gorgeous. 

That day, Jackson's parents took everyone out for ice cream. 

I remember Luz got offended once when I told her in my months of living with her, I had never bothered to eat ice cream.

Willow had never had it either.

It sounded pretty self explanatory but Ryan explained to us that it wasn't just frozen whipped cream, it was a lot of different flavors.

The only reason I knew what whipped cream was though, was because one time Luz came home with two containers of whipped cream and decided she was going to use it to fling it at me from across the kitchen.