Messy hair - Willow

- Hello my dearest friend. I'm almost at 1k reads and I'm in the #1 spot for multiple tags. THANKSSSKSKSKKSKSSKKS <3 So I decided to reward my readers with this chapter. But also I am so so sorry ;-; Happy reading :) -

-September 3rd-

-Thursday-

I didn't like sitting in the cafeteria at lunch. And especially not with those girls at table 15. They either talk crap about other people or just talk about themselves.

Like how Sabrina was just blabbering about how her brother got attacked by a cat yesterday and glared at anyone else who dared to try to change the subject. 

 I didn't care so I got up and left, and now. Here I am. Walking down the hall towards the greenhouse.

There were colorful signs lining the walls about the freshmen dance. I finally figured out the ranks were: Freshmen (no matter what your gender is), Sophomore, Junior, and Senior. 

The dance was tomorrow after school, and Elaine kept asking if anyone asked me to go with them yet. I sort of had my hopes up for someone to ask but I knew they wouldn't.

I walked into the greenhouse and looked around. It was empty. Just the way I liked it.

At least I thought it was empty. I turned around and Hunter was asleep in the same spot he was on Tuesday when it rained. 

I nudged his foot with mine and he opened his eyes and looked around, dazed.

"Is this just gonna be your thing now? You're just gonna sleep behind a fern everyday?" 

he stood up and brushed himself off. "N-no. That's not it." He crossed his arms and quickly exhaled through his nose. "I don't have to tell you anything." 

I reached up to fix a patch of messed up hair on the top of his hair. We both stood there silently as I focused on getting it back in place. "Okay tough guy, don't tell me anything." I let my arm drop to my side. "But then if you won't talk to me you might as well leave. You're not even supposed to be here, you don't have a gardening class."

He opened his mouth to say something but I held up my hand. "Nope. As your captain, I demand it."

He ran his hand through his hair, messing it up again. "You want me to leave that bad?"

I smacked his hand and put his hair back into place. "Maybe. And stop messing up your hair. It's annoying."

He straightened his back and looked me dead in the eyes, obviously trying to hold back a smile, before shaking his head, making his hair messier than it was before.

I couldn't help but smile at the mop of blonde hair on his head. Even as it covered his face, I could see his smile, tooth gap and all.

He stood up tall and kept his head up to the point where I couldn't reach up to fix it, even if I stood up on my tip toes. 

It annoyed me how fast my heart was beating. I wondered if his heart was beating as fast as mine.

I bit the inside of my cheek, trying to figure out how to fix his stupid messy hair.

Then I got an idea.

I reached up and grabbed onto the collar of his shirt, pulling him down far enough to the point I could reach his head again.

I focused on putting each strand of hair in place.

When I was done I let go of him. His face stayed unusually close to mine though.

I kinda just wanted to kiss him. But that didn't end well last time, so I took a step back and just smiled. It was for the better. Just smile.

He stepped back too, and swallowed, his face red. 

"You're an idiot." I said.

"Yeah." He agreed.

He nervously scratched the back of his neck. 

Suddenly Sabrina came running into the greenhouse. "Hunter! Oh and you too Willow!" She looked at Hunter. "Luz said I could find you here." 

She was holding a bright pink piece of paper in her hands and beamed up at him.

"I was just wondering.. uh- hold on," She reached up and flicked a strand of hair out of his face. I bit down on my tongue and tried to choke down my jealousy.

"Anyway," Sabrina continued with a laugh. "I was wondering..." She handed him the paper and he read it over. It was information about tomorrow night's dance. "If you would go to the dance with me?"

He looked confused. I would like to think he had no idea she was making a romantic move. He looked from her to the paper and gave a really short, slow nod. 

Sabrina jumped up and down, then jumped on him, wrapping her arms around his neck and giving him a rather aggressive kiss on the cheek that made me want to sink into the ground and never come back up.

What was this. What did I do wrong in a past life to deserve this?

With that, Sabrina happily skipped off.

I hated feeling so jealous.

Usually I would suck it up and leave but I couldn't do it. I scanned Hunter, who looked mildly uncomfortable, trying to decide whether to be more mad at him for being so oblivious or Sabrina for being... For being!

Titan I sounded so mean. 

Just walk away from the situation Willow. My brain yelled.

I felt like I was fighting a war in my brain. I didn't even know what each side was what though. 

I swallowed and turned on my heel, walking out of the room. 

I didn't like having to go through this in my head every time I forgot but Hunter didn't like me. Forget his messy hair and his goofy smile. His eyes that said so many things at once. 

I needed to talk to Luz. I glanced at a clock that was mounted on the wall in the hallway. There was still 20 minutes of lunch left.

I made my way across the cafeteria to table 8. Luz and Amity were sitting with 2 other people. I sat down and Luz looked at me surprised.

"Oh! Willow! You haven't sat here before-" she paused. "Are you okay??" 

I looked up at her, holding back tears and recalling a conversation I had with my dads.

"Okay Willow, imagine I'm a guy you think is super cute." One of my dads said, pretending to fluff his hair.

"Or super nice, right Gil?" My other dad said, bumping his shoulder.

"Yeah, mhm super nice and super cute, now no matter what happens, weeeee..." He looked at me expectantly.

"We don't cry over boys!" I finished, just as they taught me.

"You don't cry over boys, I can cry over boys."

My dad sitting next to him, tried to hide his smile. He put a hand on his arm and fully smiled at me. "But if needed, you can come to us and we can eat as much ice scream as you want."

Crap I missed them so much. 

"Willow? Did you hear me? Are you okay?" Luz repeated, with a concerned look on her face.

I took a breath in, ready to just rant. It was needed. But instead, I ended up just dropping my head onto the table and mumbling something into the cold, hard surface.

I was hopeless.