Kiss - Willow

- I'm so sorry. But also. I'm not. I need sleep so bad. I'm numb after surgery and I still have school tomorrow. But stuff like this keeps me living so... swear warning probably. Happy reading :) -

"Can I kiss you?" 

I can't imagine the amount courage it took for him to ask me that. But he was. He was asking me that.

He was asking and I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to kiss him so bad. 

"Go for it." Is all I said.

He took a step closer, not that there was a lot of space between us to cross anyway. 

I reached up and gripped the collar of his shirt, pulling his face down, right next to mine.

I could hear his breath and my heart pounding in my chest. 

We seemed to stop right there, just our faces right up close, our lips centimeters away.

My mouth curled into a smile. "Are you going to kiss me or not?" I asked, holding eye contact.

"No, I'm going to do it." 

"Are you?"

"I am." 

"Well you're taking too long."

And with that, I pulled his face in and pressed our lips together in a forever desired rush of gentle warmth. 

I leaned into him and he wrapped his arms around my waist. This was like, a real, kiss. 

And surprisingly, Hunter wasn't half bad at it.

There was some hesitance in pulling away but when we did we made eye contact and laughed. I couldn't believe this had worked out. 

I stopped laughing and Hunter half smiled at me. He winced a bit, "Was it bad?"

This just made me laugh more. "No. It was perfect." I said seriously.

"Are you sure?"

It was funny how nervous he was.

I rested my arms on his shoulders and sighed. "Okay, fine. It was horrible, wanna try again to redeem yourself?"

He hung his head and chuckled. "Okay okay I get it."

I moved my hands over and held his face, lifting it up so he met my gaze. "No, I'm joking, but kiss me again anyways."

He bumped his forehead against mine with a wide grin plastered over his face. He was so cute.

The next kiss was softer and more gentle but even better than the first one.

Everything felt more gentle and soft. The way he held me, the way our lips pressed against each other. It felt so unreal even though every single one of my senses was highly alert, making me acutely aware of everything.

But for some reason when there was a low gasp it startled me so much.

Hunter and I turned to the sound, both caught off guard. 

Luz, the tuxedo otter stood there at the door, the fluffy paws of her costume over her mouth.

We all stood there, very silent and very still. Luz beamed at us from under her hands with a huge smile. 

"Do you know, how long I've waited for this??" She yelled.

"Do you know how long I've been waiting for you to be kicked out already?" Hunter replied, letting go of me and crossing his arms defensively. 

Luz put a hand over her heart and sighed. "That hurts my feelings, Hunter."

"Your face hurts my eyes."

Luz grabbed my shoulder and made puppy eyes. "How could you say that with your girlfriend standing right here??" 

He looked from her to me, and half smiled.

"Oh! Oh, I'm so sorry, I'll leave and just let you guys make out or whatever." Luz said, patting me on the shoulder and walking back to the doors. 

I took Hunters hand and just followed Luz inside. 

As soon as we got inside I let go. I didn't want to cause any drama with Sabrina.

Hunter glanced at me, a little confused, but didn't say anything. I bumped my shoulder into his, reassuringly and gave him my best smile. "I don't want to make Sabrina mad, I think she already doesn't like me."

He nodded and looked out over the lively room.

"Save a dance for me though, we can dance together later."

This seemed to cheer him up a bit. 

- Saturday morning -

I opened my eyes and looked at the ceiling. Everything that happened last night almost seemed unreal. 

The dance. The kiss.

Especially the kiss. 

I walked downstairs, ignoring to check the clock on Luz's nightstand.

I turned the corner to walk into the kitchen and stopped when I heard Hunter laugh.

I craned my neck around the corner and saw him sitting at the table with Miso and Flapjack. Miso was on her back, playing with a piece of string that Flapjack dangled over her head.

Cute. I thought.

Amity cleared her throat quietly behind me. "Whatchya lookin' at?" She asked with a smirk.

"Good morning Amity." I said.

We walked into the kitchen together and Hunter looked up at me, smiling. 

"You look happy. I never got to ask you how the dance was last night." Amity commented, reaching for a cereal box. 

Hunter drew circles over the table with his finger and hesitated. "It was good. What about you?"

She poured the cereal into a bowl and picked up a piece, putting into her mouth and thinking. "It was nice not having grom to think about. I'm not used to just having a normal school dance."

She looked to me. "And you?"

"It was amazing."

- Sorry this is like the shortest one yet, I have so much to do today -