Boyfriend - Hunter

- It's felt like just forever since last wrote. I've been so excited to get home and both - see my dogs and write again. Like you don't even know how eager I've been to get back to writing. Thank you so much for the support, votes, reads, and comments. I got back to nearly 200 notifications. 

It feels so good to be able to type this again; Happy reading : ) -

If there was anything I knew about Skara, is was she was good at strategics and planning. 

No, she was great at strategics and planning. 

Everyone sat around the table, as Skara scrolled through what she called battle plans, but were actually flyer derby strategies.

I leaned against Willow's shoulder to find a source of comfort. And I found it. It wasn't surprising either. I found comfort wherever Willow was. I wondered if she found the same feeling of comfort around me.

I looked across the table at Luz, who smirked at me. 

If we were talking in that moment she would've called me a "total simp". Whatever that meant. 

 Shut up. I yelled at her, with my eyes of course. 

Simp. She mouthed at me. I glared at her. I never made fun of her when she and Amity spent time together. 

Her smirk faded into a soft smile and she made heart hands at me. Love you bro she mouthed.

I rolled my eyes. If I knew what having a sister was like before, I would've ignored that human. 

...

I loved having a family though.

I balled my fists up. I wasn't going to let the collector take that away from me. Enough had happened in my life so far. I was done with the amount of pain and suffering inflicted on me. I wasn't a punching bag.

I was Hunter. Hunter Noceda. Brother of Luz and Vee Noceda. Best friend of Gus Porter. And.. Boyfriend of Willow Park? Maybe?

"Willow?" I whispered, looking down at her, some of her hair pressing against my face.

"Yes?" She whispered back expectantly. 

Everyone else whispered among themselves. Maybe I shouldn't ask... No- I will.

"Am I your boyfriend?"

She blinked, and looked away. 

"If you want to be."

I smiled. "I do want to be."

"Good." She smiled back at me sweetly. "Because I want you to be too."

My heart thumped in my chest. I had never been a boyfriend before, nor had I ever had a girlfriend. And vice versa. I was happy Willow was my first though. 

"I've never had a boyfriend before." Willow whispered again after a bit.

"Me neither." I replied.

This made her laugh. My face burned an embarrassing red hue. Did I say something wrong? What did she find so funny?

I stared at her for a second. It didn't matter what I said. As long as she was laughing.

"I didn't think you had a boyfriend. But if you had, I wouldn't mind." She started again, after she stopped laughing.

"I-... I never had a boyfriend. Or a girlfriend. Before a few months ago, I didn't have any kind of friend." 

Willow put some thought into her words before speaking again. "Would you ever want a boyfriend?" She asked. I could tell she asked this out of pure curiosity. I was smart enough to know she was speculating my romantic preference though.

"I want.. this one witch." I said. "And she has, this dark hair, and pretty green eyes under round-golden rimmed glasses." her look pressed for more so I continued talking.

"She's powerful, brave, courageous, gorgeous. All of the words in my vocabulary to describe an amazing person."

"She sounds great." Willow commented.

Before I could reply, someone cleared their throat loudly. Willow and I looked up, and across the table at Viney, who blatantly stared at us with a smile spread over her face, and her arms crossed.

"Okay, we get it, you guys are like, crazy in love or whatever. But you don't gotta act like newly weds around everyone." She said.

"Newly weds?? What the heck are newly weds?" I asked.

"A just married couple." Luz explained.

I still didn't know what that meant. The human realm taught me a lot, but there was still a ton I didn't know about. Like what the heck a married couple was.

"You don't know what marriage is?" Amity asked. I didn't need her judgement.

But nevertheless, I shook my head unknowingly.

Luz and Amity stared at each other, seemingly as if they had no idea how to explain it to me.

"Well??" I gestured my arms over the table.

"When two people, fall in love, and decide they want to spend the rest of their lives together. And they are willing to make the big commitment and.. y'know. Get married." Luz stated.

That made sense. But why was Viney calling Willow and I newly weds??

"But I'm not married?" 

"The way you two act-" Viney said, pointing to Willow and I "You might as well be."

"But, I'm not.. I'm still not married." 

Willow stayed silent. But still maintained a small smile.

"Alright, enough." Skara ordered, waving her free hand dismissively at everyone. She held up her phone for all of us to see. We all crowded around it and studied the picture that was plastered over the bright screen of her scroll.

"I made this plan. If we need to fight the collector, we can review this to be able to properly gang up on him."

She pointed to a purple dot in the middle of the screen. "This is the collector."

"No it's not." Mattholomule interrupted.

"Shut up Matt." Skara and Viney said in unison.

I mentally kicked myself. I should've said it too. Dang that was a missed opportunity. 

Skara cleared her throat. "Anyway, this is the collector, and the area surrounding him, there is a high probability there'll be a bunch of scouts as well. To avoid them, we'll have to be moving in a continuous motion, they can only fire in one direction at once."

"Is there anyway to take the scouts out?" Luz asked.

"No, but there is a way to temporarily disable them." Viney said, pointing to her forehead. "If you hit them right on the moon symbol in between their eyes. But it only lasts for around five to seven minutes."

Skara nodded in agreement.

"But if we defeat the collector, we defeat all his scouts too. And undo all the damage he's done."

"So basically, it's all up to us?" Willow asked.

"Yeah." Skara replied. "It's all up to us.."