Rain - Hunter

- There has been like no huntlow lately and I'm so sorry I know thats what you're here for but it's my story and I trust myself so you should too.

Thank you. Happy reading! :) -

I sat down at the table Luz told me to meet her at but when I got there, only her and Amity were there.

"Hey Hunter. Have you seen Willow?"

Luz asked. 

I shook my head. "I haven't really spoken to her since yesterday morning." I admitted. I knew I wasn't making as much of an effort to speak to her but I really did miss her. 

I decided my biggest regret wasn't kissing her back that night.

"You haven't spoken to her since WHEN??" Amity asked, dropping her jaw.

"Since yesterday morning, what's the big deal?"

"You guys are supposed to be like... a couple by now!" Luz yelled, slamming her fists on the table. 

She was far too invested in my alarmingly bleak love life. It sort of irritated me. I didn't want to hear about how I messed up with Willow.

"Well we're not. And we won't. Can you just stop prying into these types of things??" 

My heart pounded, but in an angry, sad, worked up way this time. 

"Okay. You're right, I'm sorry." 

Luz? Admitting right off the bat she was wrong? Weird.

But that made me feel a little better.

"No- I.. I'm sorry. I'm frustrated with myself." I stood up and walked away from the table. I didn't know where I was going but I didn't want to be around anyone.

-September 1st-

-Tuesday-

Rain beat down outside steadily when I woke up. It perfectly matched the sort of gloom that had settled down on me. 

Still hadn't talked to Willow.

We got on the bus and it was mostly silent. The soft patter against the steel roof was, admittedly, somewhat calming. Although, it did amplify the gloom. 

Still hadn't talked to Willow.

I walked into school and prepared to struggle with my locker.

I spun the lock around a few times, biting my lip and focusing. 

Once I got it open I pushed my backpack in and sighed, resting my head on the top shelf of the locker. 

"Are you okay?"

I mumbled something and picked up my head to look at whoever was speaking.

It was that girl from the pool a few weeks ago. What was her name again? Sarah or something. I didn't matter to me.

She laughed. "Rough morning?" she cocked her head to the side and leaned against the locker right next to mine.

"That's an understatement." 

Soon enough, I found myself talking to this girl I barely knew.

"Awe, that sucks. Wanna talk about it?"

I looked away, grabbing a binder and tucking it under my arm. "I thought this place was so much better than where I used to live. Especially because of the people I'm around. I lived with a.. not great person and now I have friends and I think I just really messed things up with one of my best friends."