1K+ Votes special??🥳🥳

- So 1,000+ votes is sort of a big deal for me, especially since the most read huntlow story on all of Wattpad had 1.4k votes, (At least that's what is was last time I checked) so I'm super excited about it. 

The 20k special was sort of rushed and shorter and less quality than I wanted it to be, so I'm using this as an opportunity.

Happy reading : ) -

Hunter's English teacher was talking to his class about something called parent teacher conferences. 

He wasn't given a chance to explain that he didn't have any parents to bring in since Camila was gone on an emergency work trip. The ninth graders confrences were the week before, so she sort of forgot she still had Hunter's to go to the week after.

But there was no other option, he had to bring a parent in. The first person that came up in his head: Darius. 

Darius wasn't exactly equipped for the human realm though. He was a great leader and father in the Boiling Isles, but what was he going to do when he wasn't there.

But it was worth a try.

"Darius?" 

Hunter was at Darius' house for the weekend like he usually was, and the first thing he did when he got to the house was ask him about the school thing.

"Ah yes, leeching as soon as you walk in the door. That's a new one. What do you need?" Darius was draped over the couch, scrolling away on PenstaGram.

"Uh- I need you to go to, this... school thing." Hunter held out a paper his teacher gave him cautiously 

This caught Darius' attention. He sat up, and put his scroll away, snatching the paper up and reading it over. And he read it over again a few more times. The fact that the paper said the word referred to him as a parent, actually touched him.

But maybe perhaps had given him the wrong paper.

"Hunter, you want me to come to a..." He squinted at the paper. "A parent teacher conference." He held the paper back out to him.

"Yeah!" Hunter nodded. "Camila's gone, and you know... You're like my parent."

Darius had to take a few seconds to take in this information. I mean, Hunter had is own room in Darius' house, he saw him weekly, and Darius had been closest to him in the coven. So... yeah. He was like Hunter's... parent.

He was Hunter's parent. Yes he was. He was a dad and it was great.

"Of course I'll.. go to your school thing." 

"Darius, are you- Are you crying?" Hunter asked.

"No! Why would I be crying, I don't cry. Now where and when is this?"

Hunter reached over and pointed at a different paragraph at the bottom of the paper. He read it. 

Gravesfield High School at 6pm on 12/15/22

"Wait, this is in the human realm?" He asked. No surprises, he had never been to the human realm before.

Hunter's face flickered with confusion. "Yeah? Where do you think I go to school? You know I don't go to Hexside."

He shrugged. "Oh I don't know. But anyway of course I'll go. And I'm going to go looking better than all those other parents."

Hunter waited at the door impatiently. Darius wasn't exactly rushing to get out. Hunter looked at his phone. It was five fifty human time.

"DARIUSSS!" Hunter wailed. He was holding the door open with his foot and staring into the house intently.

Finally, Darius came tromping down the stairs and out the door without a word. He was still secretly really happy Hunter asked him to do this, even if he was technically only a second choice. He was still honored.

Come to think of it, he had never really met Camila either. And if Hunter was his son, he wanted to know the woman his son was living with eighty percent of the time. 

He thought maybe he was taking the role too seriously. Of course he wasn't Hunters biological father. What did it matter though? He was going to parent teacher conferences and he was going to be an amazing parent.

Hunter had also tried to get Darius to try human fashion for a day. Darius refused. And so he would be showing up to his school with a cape on.

The two of them stepped through the portal together, and into the snowy bare forest behind Camila's home.

"Alright, show me the way to your school so we can leave promptly." Darius said. Hunter guessed the human realm didn't give him a very good first impression with the snow. But that was okay, when he first got there, it was pouring cold, heavy rain drops like never before.

Hunter led him all the way to the school and they walked in like they didn't just come from a whole different dimension. (And Darius was working it.)

"Hello, are you Hunter's father?" Darius was asked as he sat down in a musty classroom in front of a musty teacher next to his not quite as musty child.

"That's me." He answered. 

"You have very.. unique hair. Is it natural?" The teacher pushed.

To Darius this was a stupid question. To the teacher, he had never seen such hair before. It was deep shades of purple, and seemed to just float in places. The physics of his hair confused, yet fascinated him.

"Yes, it's natural. Now I believe this school air is contaminating it's natural beauty so if we could hurry it up that would be great."

Hunter looked up at Darius as he responded quickly. Man did he look up to him. He had never realized how cool Darius was before.

- YES THANKS FOR 1.1K VOTES ILYYYY I WOULDN'T BE HERE WITHOUT YOUUUU -