Introduction - Hunter

- This was actually pretty requested but lucky for some people I was planning for it anyway lol.

Happy reading! : ) -

"You know if you tell anyone I can send several people after you right?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, Mr. intimidation. You've been threatening me all morning, open the door already."

"Nice try, I don't trust your pinky promises, so all I have is your word. Seriously. I will kill you Ryan."

"Okay! I get it!! Door. Open. Please??"

I was fed up with his pathetic whining so I opened the door. I never would've thought I would be showing the Boiling Isles to some random human.

At least he knew death was waiting for him if he told anybody about it.

"It looks like oily slime." Ryan commented, staring at the door.

I put my hand on the back of his head and shoved him inside the portal without another word. I really didn't want to do this.

Once Ryan was through, I walked through the door myself, waving at Camila who was standing on the back porch of the house with a cup of tea.

When I came through, Ryan was standing there, dumbfounded. 

"It's okay if you want to give up on the tour. Not every human can handle this." I told him dully, reaching over to pat him on the bag.

He grabbed my hand and I gave him a perplexed look.

"Hunter, this looks awesome. Continue on with the tour!"

I sighed. I agreed to take Ryan on a tour of the Boiling Isles after he found out everything in the Caribbean. I was super reluctant, and still was in present time.

But Willow told me I should be lucky I wasn't the one who had to give Lila the tour because she just wanted to be everywhere and touch everything and talk to everyone.

She was right, that sounded like a nightmare.

Luckily, the others would be helping me out for this tour.

The first place I decided to take Ryan was to the owl house, where Luz told us to meet her.

As we approached the owl house, I stopped Ryan and grabbed him by the shoulders. "Don't make eye contact with the bird."

Before he could answer, Luz ran up to us and grabbed me in a hug.

"Hunter! Hooty, King and I have been preparing a presentation on glyphs for Richard!"

"Ryan." Ryan corrected.

"Yes, Ryan. Well King and I are excited to teach another human glyphs!" She narrowed her eyes menacingly at him. "As long as he doesn't show anyone else."

I gave him an I told you  look. 

So Luz sat him down in a desk in front of a white board in the front of the owl house and let Hooty take over while she talked to me.

"You told him we would murder him if he told anyone about this right?"

"Yes," I replied. "I told him that over and over. I swear he doesn't get intimidated at all. It's obnoxious."

Luz snorted and knocked my shoulder with hers a little bit.

"Anyways, how's your weekend with the owl lady going?" I asked.

Luz spent a weekend with the owl lady every month during the school year. I always missed her but it was also weirdly peaceful at home when she was gone.