Cat cafe - Hunter

- I JUST WOKE UP AFTER SLEEPING OFF A MIGRAINE TO SEE I AM IN THE #1 SPOT IN THE HUNTLOW CATEGORY, THE #117 SPOT IN WINTER AND I HAVE 800 READS. I LOVE YOU. THANK YOU! SWEAR WARNING. HAPPY READING :))) -

"Hunter are you even listening to me?"

I snapped out of my trance. "What? I'm listening. I always listen."

Luz stared at me with a "mhm sure" expression and cleared her throat. 

We had just gotten home from school and it stopped raining. 

"I was just saying, it stopped raining so we should go downtown. It's the ideal hangout place for cool teens like us." 

"Ah, yes. Cool teens." I replied.

Luz smacked her hands together and stood up from the table. "That's the spirit Hunty boy! Call Gus and Vee and let's go."

Vee didn't want to go so we grabbed the only 3 umbrellas in the house and started walking. There wasn't really much of a need for umbrellas because it wasn't pouring outside anymore but it was still kind of wet and drizzly.

Luz and Amity shared an umbrella, taking advantage of their closeness. Gus had one to himself, but kept flinging it because every time he approached a puddle he flung his hands into the air and kicked it like it was a monster or something.

Willow and I shared one, and I gripped onto the umbrella handle nervously. I could hear her steady breathes along with the birds and the dripping branches. I tried not to stare as we walked close to each other. 

I felt like there were actually more umbrellas in the house but Luz set us up. And if she did, I don't think I minded.

We got downtown, (which wasn't actually further down at all, it was a normal town on normal ground.) and I looked around as Gus went racing around, splashing around in every puddle he saw, shallow or deep.

The rain picked up a bit and I felt Willow shiver beside me.  She was wearing a T-shirt and jeans with sunflower rainboots. 

Luz and Amity stayed of everyone and were pointing out different stores they wanted to visit. 

Suddenly, Luz yelled something and started running towards a store. Everyone quickly followed.

We entered the building, and there were cats. Everywhere.

There were places to sit, on the ground and in chairs. There was a pillow-y area on the window sill you could sit on too.

Closer to the back of the building, there was a counter with a lady behind it who wore a pink hat with cat ears attached to the top.

"A cat cafe!" Luz beamed, closing her umbrella.

"I wonder if Ghost would like it here." Amity wondered out loud, reaching for a white cat.

Gus settled right onto the ground, and cats seemed to flock to him. I looked away for one second and he had a cat on his head, 3 in his lap, 1 on his shoulder, and a bunch cuddled around him.

You'd think he had covered himself in cat food before we got here.

Luz and Willow walked up to the counter and started talking to the lady behind it as Amity sat down against the wall by Gus, holding the white cat.

No cats seemed to want to go near me. And I didn't want to try. Cats were kind of scary. With their scary claws and scary fangs.

I went to just go sit on the window sill.

I pushed myself against the window and watched the rain outside. Luz would call me "An emo boy" for isolating myself and watching the rain but I didn't care. She could call me whatever as long as she didn't bother me too much.