Midnight fly - Willow

- I've been binging dance moms while writing, there's only 3 out of 8 seasons on Tubi where I'm watching it where do I find the other 5 seasons help

happy reading -

Tired, everyone decided to settle down and put down the sleeping bags and blankets in the living room. 

Luz and Gus pretty much fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillows. I think both of them had sugar crashes.

Matt buried himself under a mountain of blankets, and I wasn't sure if he was awake, asleep, or dead. I think I would've picked the all of the above option there.

Masha had left, because they weren't allowed to stay over, and Vee surrounded herself with all the stuffed animals from her room and let her tail stretch out over the pile.

Camila went into her room for the night and soon enough, the house was quiet.

I rolled over to face Hunter, who was wide awake.

"Hey, Hunter." I whispered.

He turned over and whispered back. "What?"

"Do you wanna go for a fly?"

His face kind of lit up. "Yeah."

So we both stood up and got our shoes on at the back door, grabbed our staffs and flew off into the night together.

We flew for a little bit until we got over a little lake, and we heard a huge bang.

I stopped flying and so did Hunter. There were fireworks going off. It was like twelve thirty at night and I wondered who was setting off fireworks this late after midnight.

But it didn't matter, Hunter and I watched them silently. They were so big, colorful, sparkly and bright. 

I took a nice breath out and looked over at Hunter. He was smiling up into the sky, the fireworks occasionally lighting up his face. He leaned over and put his head on my shoulder.

The air was cold and I watched my breath crystalize in front of me. I didn't like winter that much. I always hated traveling to the knee, or other cold snowy places on the BI. I liked when the sun was out but it wasn't too hot.

Good weather to garden, or have all the windows open and read a book. Weather that's perfect to play flyer derby in.

But even in the coldness of the winter night, I felt warm enough with Hunter leaning on my shoulder.

He took my hand and gave it a small squeeze. 

I knew when either of us did the subtle hand squeeze it could mean one of two things.

One- we're in a crowded room, area, or anywhere where one of us might feel uncomfortable and it's something we use to tell the other person that they're gonna be okay or that we want to leave.

Two- Just a little way to say "I love you".

Hunter and I had a lot of ways to communicate non-verbally. Amity said the same thing about her and Luz when we were talking about it but that they didn't do it as much.

But I can happily say, learning how to communicate without talking was one of the best skills to have in a relationship.

It's an easier way to tell Hunter I felt scared or nervous. It's an easier way for him to tell me he felt uncomfortable or despondent. It's a subtle way to say I love or trust you.

After a few minutes, the fireworks stopped and everything fell silent. 

"Well that was fun." I exclaimed slightly under my breath.

I hadn't seen fireworks since the coven day parade. They really were a nice surprise.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a big tree standing tall in the darkness.

I pointed at it and Hunter picked his head up and turned it in the direction I was pointing to.

"Hey look it's the tree we stopped at the first time we did this!"

It was a large tree. A few months ago, Hunter and I went on a fly at night and stopped to sit on one of the large branches and took pictures and laughed.

It was funny for me to think that we weren't even dating then.

Hunter pulled himself up and opened his scroll. I watched him go to his camera roll and pull up the picture I took of us at the tree way back in August.

I was smiling brightly in the photo, my hair in messy braids that fell over my shoulders, holding the scroll up proudly. Hunter had given me bunny ears, and had a sort of mischievous grin like he just committed a minor crime.

He wasn't used to pulling pranks at the time I guess. 

"Where did you get that?" I asked curiously.

"You sent it to me." He responded, staring down at the scroll.

"...No I didn't?"

An almost guilty looking smile crossed his face. He scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"I uh- asked Gus to send it to me off your scroll because I was too scared to ask you to send it to me myself." He explained quickly.

I had some questions. 

"Why does Gus know my scroll password?"

He shrugged.

I started to laugh. Hunter looked at me quizzically.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" I stopped laughing. "What are you sorry for?"

Now I felt bad. He looked like he was about to cry. "I asked Gus to help me invade your privacy! I've felt bad about that for a while. Please don't be too mad."

Oh. 

"Hunter, I wish you would've asked me but I don't care! I'm going to have to change my password because of Gus of course, but I'm not mad at all!"

He looked relieved but not entirely convinced. 

I grabbed his hands and looked in his eyes. "Listen to me, I'm not upset in the slightest. Just breathe. This is silly."

He took a few breaths in and nodded. "Yeah. I always just felt so guilty about it, I used to wish I could just forget about it."

"Forget about what?" I asked.

Finally he flashed a sweet smile. "I love you Willow."

"I return the feelings Hunter."

We flew over to the tree and sat on one of the thick branches together to take a little break from flying.

I was getting deja-vu. The moon was shining brightly behind us. I was sitting closer to the tree trunk with Hunter to my left. Both of us had messy hair and tired eyes.

 So of course I had to pull my scroll out to take a picture.

Hunter noticed and put his hand up and gave me bunny ears. I clicked the picture and glanced at him with a smirk. "Proud of yourself?"

"It had to be done." He argued.

I rolled my eyes with a chuckle and immediately sent it to him.

Now to change my password.

- Sorry this is pretty short I had a vision but it sort of didn't work if you couldn't tell lmao -