Big day - Willow

- so i've been saying this is ending for literally like months now and i just wanted to say i didn't realize how freaking long it took to actually write, especially now that i've bumped up my minimum word count for chapters. So I'm sorry about that!!

I want to tell ya'll how many chapters are left, but idk if I'm supposed to do that?? 

it's not a lot and im a bit sad. Also, daily reminder that I'm not exactly sure how weddings work and google is unhelpful. I'm trying my best.

happy reading :] - 

- this. this right here. I was on Pinterest for like an hour before i remembered this photo existed. i love them. eternally. -

I had never been in a wedding before. The only members of my family had already been married before I was born. My Dads and my aunt and uncle.

I always thought that the first wedding I would ever be in was my own.

All I knew was that this was the first wedding I had ever been in and I happened to be the maid of honor.

I was nervous, but not nervous like Luz was. I was sitting with Luz behind the massive tree, pink petals falling around us. I had to admit, grometheous wasn't friendly but it sure made a pretty tree.

And it was a very special place for Luz and Amity to get married at.

Hunter was leaning on it next to us silently.

"Luz, what are you nervous about?" I asked, patting her on the back.

Luz glanced over at me, her slicked back hair now a mess, since she had obviously been anxiously running her hands through it.

She and Hunter were the same like that. You could tell when they were feeling anxious or nervous because their hair would be a mess.

"I'm nervous because so many things could go wrong! You'll understand when you get married, Willow." Luz said, not really explaining how to help her.

"Oh, I don't think we need to talk about that right now- Uhm, nothing's going to go wrong and I'm going to make sure of it. Eda and I already spoke to Hooty, and I promise that everything is going to be fine." I tried to assure her kindly.

Speaking of which, Eda came around the corner and looked at the three of us for a second.

"There you are kid, where have you been??" She asked, walking over to Luz and promptly picking her up. She balanced her on her feet for a moment.

Luz sagged over like a ragdoll. Eda pulled her up and pat her on the back.

"Edaaa..." Luz whined. "All the things you taught me and you never prepared me for marriage."

"That's not something I was prepared for either kiddo. But you'll be fine, all your friends and family are making sure this day goes perfectly. Except for the blonde kid, I don't know what he's doing."