Hopeful - Hunter

- Happy 40th chapter!! I have come so far since I started writing this a few months ago, and now here I am, not too far away from 10k reads. I actually have something special planned for that, when it comes. 

Anyway, I couldn't have done this without my readers, keep enjoying it, that's what I'm here for. 

Happy reading! -

I stared at Willow, twirling her staff around across the room. 

I was sat down on a bench in the cafeteria, as Viney healed the minor scratches that covered my arms and face. At first, I had insisted I was fine, but when I started bleeding, Luz made me sit still and got Viney to heal me.

As I sat with my arms crossed, Luz walked up to me and held up her phone in my face.

"What is that?" I asked, squinting my eyes and pushing the phone back so I could see the screen.

There was a very grumpy looking cat on the screen. It had messy, blondish fur, with brown eye spots and ears. 

Luz smirked at me. "It looks like you." 

"No it doesn't." I said, looking back at the screen.

...

Maybe. Maybe a little bit.

I shooed Luz away. "No, I don't see it. Leave me alone."

Luz shrugged, and pat me on the head affectionately. She started walking away, but stopped, turned on her heel and wrapped her arms around me, in a bruising hug.

It caught me off guard, but it didn't bother me in the slightest. 

"Luz?"

I pet her back softly, making sure she was okay.

"I hope you don't think Willow was the only one worried about you." She mumbled, hugging my tighter.

That's right. My sister. 

I was overwhelmed with emotion. We always messed with each other and got on each others nerves, irritating and instigating. But I almost forgot that she cared about me too.

She was the first person to really let me in. The mission where I got ambushed my Kikimora. From there, I started learning what actual family treated each other like. 

And it was the opposite of what Belos treated me like.

"I mean, I trust you. You're a strong witch, Hunter. But I couldn't help but feel scared. You're my family. I can't lose you." Luz explained, letting go and pulling away from me slowly.

"You're a nerd." I said. "And a really great sister."

"I am. Both of those. Now, heal up. We are still going through with the plan."

Viney smiled at me as Luz walked away. "You've really grown since your days in the coven, haven't you?"

I looked down at my wrist, at the coven sigil that plagued me. 

Gus liked to doodle on his and Vee's hands a lot while we were in the human realm, so one day I asked him if he could draw over it. 

He turned it into a doodle of a bird, and then continued drawing all over my hand. We were watching a move that night, and he didn't even pay attention to it, he just doodled all over my hand and wrist.

"Okay, all done." Viney said. She stepped back and tilted her head at me. "You okay?"

"Oh, uh. Yeah." I replied.

"Mhm. Okay. I know.. I'm not you're closest friend but, I'm here if you ever want to talk."

And with that, she walked away, smacking Gerbo in the back of the head as he tried shoving and plant-abomination mud pie into his mouth. (I have no idea why, I guess he was just curious).

I smiled. I loved all of my friends. I liked being around them. Nothing was going to change that.

I glanced at Willow again. She was on her scroll, leaning against the wall. I got my scroll out and clicked on PenstaGram.

Hi .

I typed it up and sent it to her. My typing had been getting better.

Hello : )

wHat r U doing ? .

I'm talking to you. And I wouldn't rather
be doing anything else. 

But would you like me to come over there
instead of messaging you like a socially
awkward weirdo?

i Am a socially akwardw weirdo.

That's alright. I'm coming over there now.

I put away my scroll and watched as Willow put away hers, said something to Gus and started jogging over to me.

She sat on the bench next to me and I immediately leaned against her, laying my head against her shoulder comfortably.

This was my favorite way to sit. It made me feel so safe.

"So. Are you ready to finish this once and for all?" She asked, turning her head towards me. 

I could see her smile through my peripheral vision, though I didn't face her directly.

"Am I.. a weak witch?" I asked.

"What? No, of course not." Willow spoke softly and calmly.

I reached my hands out in front of me and cried out dumbly in frustration. "I couldn't even get away from Kikimora without Flapjack. Without my staff, I'm a completely powerless witch."

Willow shrugged. "I'm not going to lie to you. You can't do magic without you're staff, alright. But so what? That doesn't straight up make you a powerless witch. You're a strong, powerful witch, Hunter."

"How?" Is all I said.

"Are you joking me? You're relentless, you've been through so much at this point, you won't let anything stop you. And that already, means you're more powerful than you think. But you adapt well. You are trained to fight, even without magic. I can't believe you've forgotten."

I closed my eyes and smiled. Maybe she was right.

"And just know, you have everyone here for you. Especially me." She finished, lifting up her glasses to rub her eyes.

Willow ruffled my hair for a moment, I assumed she was busy fixing a few strands of wild hair that got matted while I was curled up in the fist of Kiki's abomatron.

I tilted my face up to her, and we kissed. Kissing her was never going to get old.

I didn't care what anyone else said, I had the best girlfriend.

"Okay, are you guys ready to go for real this time?" Mattholomule asked, approaching us and pointing his thumb towards the entrance doors.

I stood up and held my hand out for Willow politely. She took it and stood up, walking to the group with Mattholomule and I.

Flapjack flew by, landing on my head and chirping. I reached up and scratched the back of his neck. 

"Hey Flap. Are you doing okay?" I asked.

He chirped back a yes in response.

"Good. I didn't know if Kikimora wanted to hurt you or anything." I shuddered. "You know what Belos does with palismen."

I shook my head, causing Flap to fly up to keep himself from shooting off my scalp like a little red cannon ball.

We stood in front of the door, and I took a breath in. 

Time to defeat the collector.

Willow took my hand. I knew I wasn't alone.

- HI I HAVE A BREAK SO I PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE, THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE EXTRA LONG BUT YOU'RE ALSO PROBABLY GOING TO HATE ME <3 -