Glyph - Hunter

- I am in so much pain rn, I have a limp, still recovering from surgery, just got 2 new piercings that hurt, and I'm cramping so hard. The only thing that makes it feel better? (Other than meds) is writing. So I'm rewatching the owl house and writing. (Who needs therapy when you have those things??)

Anyways, happy reading :) -

Who was this guy? He was scrawnier than me, but wore baggy clothes and he was looking at Willow in a way I did not like.

He looked down at Willow and I's hands and his face twisted a bit.

"Are you two together?" He asked.

I could tell he was counting on me to say no. He wanted me to say no.

But what if I said yes and Willow didn't think so. It's been less than 24 hours since we kissed the first time.. Oh I didn't know.

"Uhh, yeah."

This guy had the audacity to look me up and down with the most judgmental look. Dude what did I do???

I glanced at Willow who saw it too. She literally reached over and picked me up like a feather, Disney damsel in distress style. 

I must have turned the brightest shade of red in existence. That was kind of.. That was kind of hot. 

I cleared my throat and stared at the floor. 

"I can see that bothers you so I'll just take him and leave." Willow said before skating away. 

She set me down a few feet away and began to laugh. "Sorry, I didn't ask if you were okay with me picking you up."

I think I tried to speak, I really think I did. But all that came out was just a weak almost squeaky toy sound. 

This made her laugh more. 

Before I could get any actual words out, Gus came crashing into the wall next to us. "Guys! Luz wants to talk to us!"

He sounded kind of serious. The 3 of us exchanged worried looks and followed Gus to Luz, Amity and Vee, who were just sitting on the floor, with a piece of paper in her hand.

Willow and I crouched over them. I recognized what was on the paper. It was a glyph. 

"Are you sure it didn't fall out of your pocket?" Amity asked.

"I'm sure. I stopped drawing glyph's a while ago, I know they don't work here." Luz tapped the paper, curiously, with no reaction from it. No fire, vines, ice, light or anything.

"Did anyone else draw it?" Gus asked, looking up at everyone.

We all shook our heads, I didn't know about the others but I didn't even know how to draw glyphs.

"We're the only ones that know about the demon realm here though, right??" Vee asked. She poked at the paper. She took it out of Luz's hand and flipped it over. To our surprise, there was a paragraph on the back. 

Luz and Vee read it out loud together. 

The first word was crossed out.

"Blank's live long, we watch things pass. To observe, to preserve we must amass. What flies, what swims, be it predator or pray, seal them up so they may never fade."

Luz gulped and read the final sentence. "But should they meddle in our affairs, we'll clean the planet and scorch the air."

Everyone sat silently and stared down at the words.

"What does that mean?" Amity pondered aloud. 

Luz shook her head in disbelief. "I don't... I-I don't know."