First snow - Hunter

- Cheesburber 

 Happy reading bc you are my favorite cheesburber -

Willow and I sat together, laughing our asses off about nothing. 

I didn't understand how she could just be so funny and amazing without trying. Although she always insisted I had a great smile, her smile was like nothing I had ever seen.

She continued to laugh, and I leaned over, placing my elbow on my knee and cradling the side of my face in my hand. I just looked at her. If I hadn't left my phone inside then I would've taken a picture.

It would've been an even prettier picture, as the snow fell softly around us. 

She stopped laughing after a little bit and smiled at me, blinking slowly. "What?" She asked Giggling a little. Her laugh was contagious. 

Before I could tell her she looked beautiful she flicked a piece of hair out of my face. "You're so handsome." She put her hands on my face and just held it. "Handsome face."

My whole body shook with laughter as my face flushed with embarrassment. 

I held her wrists and pulled her hands away from my face. "Lies."

"I wouldn't lie to you. I don't know why you think I would." She said.

"Because you're mean." I accused playfully. "You're just leading me on because you're so beautiful you know you could get away with anything."

She shoved me away, giggling. "Oh you're so dramatic."

I fluffed the hair on the back of my head and struck a pose. "I'm thinking I should join theater."

"Oh titan please say you're joking."

"I'm joking."

Suddenly, someone came crashing through the trees and into the clearing of Camila's backyard with a loud crash. Willow and I both jumped up from the steps in alarm.

I squinted out at the figure standing very still in front of the brush.

The person looked rather.. familiar. 

They stepped into the clearing and waved nervously. "HeyYyy... Hunter. And Willow. What are you guys doing here?"

"Sabrina?? What are y- I live here! What are you doing here??" I yelled, reaching my hands out in front of me.

She let out a nervous laugh, her blonde hair poking out from a dark pink beanie and her hands covered by home-made knitted mittens. Before she could answer, someone else ran up being her from the edge of the woods, grabbing onto Sabrina's shoulders and jumping beside her.

"Lila??!" I yelled. I didn't think I would ever have found these two hanging out outside of school together, they barely spoke to each other in school. Not that I knew of.

Lila was bundled up like it was the middle of winter, complete with a fluffy coat and boots that looked two times her size.

Awkward silence filled the air as each person stared at each other from across the clearing. Sabrina made a hopeless gesture to Lila, who simply shrugged.

It looked as if they were talking with their eyes. Sabrina looked to be arguing about something, and Lila looked as if she couldn't care either way. Whatever they were talking about though, I couldn't help but feel like I wasn't supposed to know.

Deflated, Sabrina gave up. "Well, Lila and I, we came out to see the first snow of the year. Together. We didn't really mean to end up at.. your house."

"Since when do you two hang out?" I asked suspiciously. 

I watched as Lila reached over and took Sabrina's hand in hers, Sabrina not daring to pull away. Usually, knowing these two, Sabrina wouldn't even let Lila touch her. "Sabrina is my girlfriend."

Sabrina stared at the ground, her face burning a pinkish-red.

I straightened my back and tipped my head to the side. "Your what?"

"Well when you rejected me back at the dance, I was pretty disheveled, and rightfully so, but let's just say a few tears were shed, and when Lila found me she danced with me instead. She made me feel different. It was a totally different crush than the one I had on you." Sabrina cleared her throat and nodded in a quick, nervous manner. "Anyway, I did a little mental digging and found out I was bisexual! Isn't that great?"

Willow and I stared silently. This was confusing to me. When Sabrina swore up and down she didn't want anything romantic with me anymore she wasn't lying. She's just really bad at showing emotion (?)

"Congrats!" Willow said, clapping her hands together and smiling. "It's real cute that you guys came out to see the first snow together!"

"You're one to talk, you guys are out here and you look like you're freezing." Lila said. 

Sabrina gave me a side smile and squeezed Lila's hand. "Yeah. You guys are so good together."

As Willow spoke to Sabrina and Lila I stood there thinking. How did I not know this? Am I really that bad at seeing things? I knew Lila would date a girl but I didn't know Sabrina would and they don't even talk at school. I'm around them everyday what the heck.

"Hunter? Are you alright? You look like you're having an existential crisis over there." Willow held her hand out to me as she shivered a bit.

I walked over to the three of them and she wrapped her arm around me gently. "Yeah I'm just cold." I said. 

"Okay well you guys should head inside. We'll see you Monday Hunter!" Sabrina gave me a small wave and turned around to walk back into the woods.

"BYEE WILLOWW!" Lila yelled waving big behind her.

We walked back inside and shut the door behind us quietly. "Gosh who would've thought?" Willow mumbled, reaching up into a kitchen cabinet and grabbing a glass of water.

I watched as she walked to the sink and filled the glass up half way. She brought the glass up to her lips and took a long sip until the glass was empty. Then she set the glass down on the counter.

"Anyway, I'm cold and tired so I'm going back to bed before everyone else gets up in a few hours. Goodnight." She gave me a quick kiss and walked off. 

"Goodnight." I called out. 

I looked outside at the snow coming down and glanced at the garden. It had been a few months and I already had so many memories in the garden. I knew all the beautiful plants and flowers that were out there wouldn't survive in the snow.

A few hours later

"Hunter, you did what??" Luz asked, sitting down at the kitchen table. "Have you slept?"

I shook my head. "Doesn't matter, I just moved all of the flowers from the garden into pots and moved them into different places in the house for decoration so they wouldn't die in the cold."

She looked at a flower pot in the middle of the table and nodded. "I can see that, have you slept?"

"What about it doesn't matter do you not understand?" 

She reached over to me and grabbed my face, squishing it aggressively. "It does matter! I love you and I wanna see your eye bags fade! Taking in all the flowers was heroic but believe me, Camila and Willow would've lived without them."

I was halfway through arguing back to her when she smacked me in the face. "You hear me boy?! I want you to SLEEP."

I laughed and pushed her away. "Okay! Okay! I get it. Calm yourself woman."

She sat back down in her chair with a shrug and started tapping on her phone. "I have to thank you though, the flowers do look nice in here."

"I know, thanks."

- Sorry this took literally 3 1/2 days to publish and still wasn't very long, I've been so busy. I think this is a cute chapter though. -