Coffee - Hunter

- I want to write Willow's pov again so badddddd and i get to next chapter wah hoo

live laugh love willow

Happy reading : ) -

"Hunter, Willow- get up! We're doing something exciting today!"

This was too much enthusiasm for my early morning brain. I tried to say something back in response but couldn't make any words.

Willow was still fast asleep. How did she do that??

"Neither of you are morning people huh?"

"She just needs to wake up first, then she won't hesitate to get up and be productive." I pointed at Willow.

"And you?" He asked.

"I'll be productive whenever I want to be." 

Ryan put his hands up in a mock surrender dully and shrugged. "Okay, okay- do you want me to make you coffee or something? I'm pretty sure there's some in the kitchen.."

"What is coffee?"

"Honestly, I would be surprised that you've never had coffee before but after yesterday I can't be surprised about anything anymore. You really don't know what caffeine is?"

This felt like a trick question. "No...?"

"Okay- c'mere I'll make you some."

We walked downstairs into the kitchen. I covered my eyes. Why was the sun- so bright??? For what reason?

I sat down and slumped over the counter as Ryan dug through some cabinets. My hair felt frizzy and messy so I assumed I had a massive bed head. I yawned.

Ryan set a cup of some steaming liquid in front of me and I stared at it blankly. "Drink it." 

I felt like I was about to be poisoned. I glared at him. I thought we were friends. Now he was trying to murder me with... coffee.

He nodded his head down towards the cup. "Do you think I'm going to poison you or something?" 

A little taken back by his ability to know what I was thinking, I refused to answer. 

He sighed, took the coffee cup, took a sip of it, and set it back down in front of me. 

"It's good." 

I grumbled something probably incoherent to him and snatched the cup off the counter. I was prepared to fight this man.

Sipping the hot drink, I winced. It was bitter. It was okay. I guess. I guess I just wasn't sure what this was supposed to be doing for me.

"Do you like it? I'm gonna make some for myself in a second." Ryan asked.

It was fine. But the more I tasted it, the better it got. By the time I stopped taking careful sips and actually started drinking it, it began to taste a little less bitter.

So I guess it was better than fine.

I downed the cup and slid it towards the sink. "What was that supposed to do?" I asked him, setting my head down on the counter.

"Wake you up- but that might be out of the question at this point."

"But I'm already awake?"

"No, it was supposed to make you feel more awake."

"Oh.... Can I have another one then?" 

He waited for a second. Why was he unsure about making another? Still, he complied and after a few minutes there was another coffee in front of me.