We won - Willow

- I'm on a roll here, I've posted like 3 chapters within 24 hours. lol

Friendly reminder that the Collectors canon pronouns are He/They : )

I'm still sorry for Chapter "Puppet boy". You guys really hated that.

ALSO THIS IS SORT OF RUSHED, I DON'T HAVE THE BRAIN POWER FOR A HUGE THING RN I'M SO SO SORRY I'M TRYING MY BEST AND I PROMISE ILL DO BETTER AT SOME POINT<3

Happy reading -

I bit my tongue. I prayed to titan this was going to work.

There was a chance this would work and then there was a chance we would all be collected and there would be no one to save us.

Creating a huge sphere of abomination goo, Amity wrapped it around puppet Raine.

Belos yelled out, but it was too late by the time he figured out we were ambushing him. 

Good. Phase one of our plan was done.

"Go, go, go!" Gus yelled, waving his hand into the room as we all ran into it. We stood halfway around the abomination sphere, ready to fight.

At that point, King came running back into the room. "Eda! Willow! I bought us some time. But not much. They'll get impatient. We have to hurry!"

"I can't hold them much longer!" Amity yelled, her hands quivering.

"It's all on you King. Good luck." I said, patting his head. 

Amity's abomination burst and puppet Raine fell to the floor. 

"Y-you witches. You can't possibly hope to defeat me."

I shrugged. "I guess we'll pray to the titan then."

With that, King jumped forward and yelled out. His powers sent puppet Raine flying backwards and to the floor again.

I brought up some vines, grabbing them onto Raine's wrists and restraining them to the floor. 

They yelled in protest but couldn't manage to break free. 

King yelled again, little bits of Belos' goo spilling out of Raine's puppet. 

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the collector, peaking around the corner, shuddering.

Gus came up behind me, putting his hand on my shoulder. "Willow! You have to talk to him!" He pulled out a plant glyph and touched it to the ground.

I nodded at him, I knew everyone had it. I trusted them.

"Collector-" I said jogging up to him.

"Stop! Don't come any closer!" He told me, holding his hand up.

I stopped in my tracks. "Collector. Please. Let me explain."

"A-are we not playing anymore?" They asked. They stepped back and frowned. "Why is everyone... lying to me? Belos, King, the archivists! Is there something wrong with me?"

I knelt down. I felt sympathy for him. For the first time I really thought about it. I needed to. In order to understand them, I needed to put myself in his shoes.

"Collector... Do you know why King lied to you...?"

They sniffled, lifting their head up to acknowledge me. "He doesn't like me. No one actually likes me. So they use me to do what they want and send me away."

I hesitated. "I like you."

He looked at me, untrusting. And I couldn't blame him.

That's a lie! You just met me! And I hurt your friends! You're lying!!"