To Appease the Tyrant part 1

[LOCATION: Woods Behind Campus]

"Whoa! There really are a lotta chestnuts here! If we have this much, then it's all-you-can-eat marron tarts for us! Gehehe..." Grim chuckled as he started to walk without taking a certain thing into account. "Let's hurry and—Ouch!! Gah! The chestnut's thorns dug into my pawpads!"

"That's because chestnuts are prickly, so that other animals can't eat them." Hazel told the cat.
 "Looks like it'll be impossible to pick them up with bare hands. I would also like to have a bucket to place them all in, too." Deuce said looking around for a bucket.
"Maybe we can find those things in the botanical garden?" Ace asked.
"Good idea." Deuce added as they walked over to the garden.

"Whoa! It looks bigger on the inside." Ace remarked.
"We should be able to find the necessary tools here. Should we split up and look?" Deuce asked.

"Sure, Grim and I will check the inner gardens." Hazel volunteered. 
"I'll go right, then." Ace decided.
"I'll check west." Deuce finished.

"Hey, come look at this. It looks like there're tonsa fruits here! They smell so good!" Grim expressed gleefully.

"These are all plants I've never seen before." Hazel said as she looked around, but she wasn't looking where she was going. And the same time, the same feeling she had back at the cafeteria happened, only this time, with her right shoulder.

???: Ow–!

'Wha? Did I step on something?' Hazel thought as she looked down

???: Hey. You've got guts stepping on someone's tail without apologizing.
"Are you the guy tending to this place? Wow, you've got quite a scary mug..." Grim asked the new individual.
???: "I went here thinking I can have a peaceful nap, but then my tail gets stepped on. This's the worst." He grumbled, ignoring Grim.

"I'm so sorry!" 'But It's your fault for letting your tail stick out on the path.' She thought.

???: You... you're the new prefect everyone's talkin about." He said as he leaned in and...(sniffs Hazel)

'H-he's... sniffing me?' Hazel thought in surprise and confusion.

'Urk... I don't know how to explain, but his glares are sending chills down my spine!' Grim thought as he shivered.

???: You think I'm gonna let you off scot free after you just stepped on the great Leona's tail? 'Leona' smirked as he pulled Hazel close to him, his breath ghosting on her ear.

"I can't describe it but even though you have an appearace not suited for a villain, your scent says other wise."

As he snaked an arm around her waist, and Hazel's face heated up.

"A mix of sweet bark, hazelnut and nectar, and yet there's also some shed blood that isn't your own. Nothing I've ever come across, omnivore."

"I already said I was sorry!" Hazel said.

"I will need more than an apology to tie me over." Leona said using his other hand to caress her neck, licking his lips.

Hazel flinched at this and closed her eyes as his face came closer.

.....But nothing happened.

"Heh, but maybe not now. Next time, be on your guard, omnivore." Leona smirked as he stalked off. 

Unknown to them as he was walking, his hand drifted to one of his shoulders. He pulled at his shirt to see an orange mark of the Mortishackle symbol, which confused him.