Omake 5: Legacy

Requested by 9106854KA

It wasn't often that the dorm leaders would learn that Hazel could sing, well except for Azul since his incident. But he still appreciated the times when Hazel would come to the lounge to sing.

But he didn't count on the other dorm leaders or the other guys from the other dorms coming to hear her. Even Idia and Malleus were there! 

"I'm surprised that you all came to the lounge. I thought you wouldn't be interested." Azul said as they all sat down.

"Well, we did hear that Hazel works part-time here, and on her own free will. Some of us just wanted to be sure." Riddle said glaring at Azul, as the merchant smiled holding his hands up in surrender.

Then Hazel came out in her black dress and she sang 6 different songs.

Than one student requested for her last song to be her families' song, since it became a hit and was recognized as Mortishackle's signature song along with the actual story. 

Azul knew what they were talking about, but the other dorm leaders were curious as she began to sing. 

Like before, Hazel summoned some smoke from her wand and created forms of the characters to tell the story/song.

It all began with fair brothers three,

Who thought they could use their magic to avoid an ill destiny.

But the one known as Death, being sly blocked their path

And said; 'Brave cunning brothers, oh what do you ask?

I will give each a prize and then let brothers pass."

Death? As in the actual Collector of Souls himself? He actually appeared to people before?

The first brother begged,

"Please Death, make me a tool; A wand that must win Every fight every duel!"

So Death broke a branch off of an Elder tree

And fashioned a wand

For he thought he was worthy

And gave the Elder wand to the eldest of three

A powerful wand that Death made? To have that kind of wand would make anyone think they were invincible.

Alas! Anitoch sealed his fate that night.

Although he would win

All his battles and fights

His wand was soon stolen

Along with his life.

And the eldest perished by strife.

'Whoa. The first born was killed in his blind lust for power.' Leona thought to himself. Well, at least his brother wasn't like that, he had to at least be thankful for that. And the other leaders figured that a wand like that would be something to kill for. Ultimate power does make people do that either way. So only Death knows how much blood was shed over it.

The next brother barked,

"Give me magic instead. The power to bring others back from the dead."

So Death picked up a stone

From the riverside.

And told him the pebble

Had magic inside.

Cause he intended to bring back

his departed bride.

A stone that could summon the dead? Idia thought that the Lord of the Dead would be furious by that, but then he figured there was a catch to the stone like the wand.

Alas! Cadimus sealed his fate that night.

Though he saw his beloved, 

things did not go right.

He sank into despair 

For she was no longer whole.

And he let the noose claim his soul.

The second brother committed suicide from that? From the sound of it, the bride wasn't completely alive and suffered in the world of the living and it must've drove him crazy to not have her.

But the youngest bowed and said,

"Lord Death I don't trust your ways. Please leave me alone 'Til the end of my days."

And though Death was reluctant

He was the wisest of the three.

So Death gave him his cloak of invisibility

And allowed the humble brother to go free.

So the youngest brother saw through Death's ways and found a way to avoid him again, but Death let him go as well?

And so Ignotius preserved his fate that night.

With his new cloak

 He lived out his life.

Happy and healthy 

and once he was ready,

Giving his son the cloak, he passed peacefully.

So Ignotius preserved his life and lived to see old age and gave the cloak to his child, maybe this brother was Hazel's ancestor.

And that's the story

Of Death and the Peverell brothers.

They each made their choice

One wiser than others.

They stripped Death of wand

And of cloak and of stone (At this, Hazel drew the Mortishackle symbol and the boys recognized it realizing it stood for the wand, stone and cloak respectfully.)

And only the line of Ignotus

Death bade selfless and roam.

And every generation

They'd call him their final home.

But Death erased the other two

For his own.

As Hazel finished the song, the dorm leaders quickly figured that Ignotius' line survived up to Hazel, and Death took out the other two lines of the brothers because of the wand and stone. How long they lasted, they'd have to ask.

Afterwards, Hazel told the same information that she revealed to Azul and the Leech Twins about the Deathly Hallows and how she 'unwittingly' became the Mistress of Death.  

Needless to say, a number of the boys saw her in a new light.

-------------------Here's another omake! I've also decided to do some more along the way, but for now, I'm done for the day!

Let me know if you have any idea of what the dorm leaders were thinking of the song, and how they each perceive it.

Who would understand that Death is not someone to toy with?

Who would see the song as a bit dark but enlightening of how to perceive life?

Who would figure that Hazel descended from the Third Brother?

Feel free to ask for some other omakes for me, and I'll let you know when i got all the info for Scarabia.

Plz comment and stay safe!