Omake 7: Sleepover and Story

Request from a friend

Hazel had finished the last of her chores around the dorm with the help of the ghosts. Since winter was coming around the corner, she also stocked up on her items like hot cocoa, popcorn and other things. She had also set up an enchanted indoor tent to help her relax. She was just reading a book, when she heard a knock at the door.

It was her soulmates.

And this time, she made sure that Malleus wouldn't be left out either. 

"Hi Hazel! We all decided to come over for a little sleepover, just us dorm leaders." Kalim said as he glomped Hazel and Leona and Malleus had to pry him off.

Of course they were all surprised when they entered the indoor tent to see that it was really spacious inside.

Kalim wanting to do something had everyone at least try to tell a story as scary as possible. Then Idia turned to Hazel as she was setting up a huge sleeping area for all of them. "Hazel. I was wondering, is there more to the Peverell Story? You said it was also told as a story too rather than just a song." He said gaining everyone's attention.

Hazel sighed and decided to tell the full story.

'There were once three brothers, who were travelling along a lonely, winding road at twilight. 

In time, they reached a river too treacherous to pass. But being learned in the Magical Arts, they simply waved their wands and made a bridge.

But before they could cross, their path was blocked by a hooded figure.

It was Death himself.

He was angry that he had been cheated out of three new victims for travelers usually drowned in the river.

But Death was also cunning.

He pretended to praise the brothers on their magic, and claimed that they should all earn a prize for being clever enough to evade him.

The oldest brother; Anitoch, who was a combative man asked for a wand more powerful than any in existence. One that must always win duels for its owner. A wand worthy of a wizard who conquered Death. So Death crossed to an elder tree nearby and fashioned a wand from one of its branches for Anitoch. 

The second brother; Cadimus, who was an arrogant man, decided to ridicule Death even further and asked for the power to recall others from Death. So Death picked up a stone from the riverbank and gave it to Cadimus, telling him that the stone would have the power to recall the dead.

Finally, Death turned to the youngest brother; Ignotius, who was a humble man and he didn't trust Death. He asked for something that would allow him to go forth from that place without being followed by Death. Though Death was reluctant, he could tell Ignotius was the wisest among the brothers. And so he handed over his own Cloak of Invisability.

In due course, the brothers separated for their own destinations.

Anitoch travelled to a distant village, and with the Elder Wand, he killed a fellow wizard with whom he often quarreled. Drunk with the power the Elder Wand had given him, Anitoch proceeded to an inn where he boasted loudly of the wand he 'snatched from Death himself' and how it made him invincible.

But that night as Anitoch slept in his bed, a jealous wizard crept into his room, stole the wand, and for good measure, Anitoch's life.

And so Death took the first brother.

Cadimus returned home where he lived alone. There he took the stone and turned it thrice in hand. To his delight, the maiden that he had hoped to marry before her untimely death appeared at once before him. But as time passed, she grew sad and cold for she no longer belonged to the world of the living and suffered as a result.

Finally, driven mad with hopeless longing, Cadimus hung himself so as to join her.

And so Death took the second brother.

As for Ignotius, Death searched for many years but was never able to find him. It was only when he attained a great age that Ignotius shed the Cloak of Invisibility and gave it to his son. 

He then greeted Death like an old friend, and went with him gladly.

And as equals, they departed this life.'

The boys were silent for a moment, then Riddle spoke up. 

"Hazel, that time when you took out that cloak, is that Death's Cloak of Invisibility?" He asked.

"Yes. It was." Well, that confirmed their suspicions of Hazel's lineage.

As Hazel was getting ready for bed, she suddenly found herself in a interesting position in the giant bed and pillow area in the tent.

Malleus had snuck behind her and pulled her into his chest. Leona was on her right, burying his face into her neck. Vil had done the same on her left and holding onto her left hand. Azul and Riddle had seemed to settle for snuggling up on her stomach and waist and Idia and Kalim didn't seem to mind embracing her smooth legs, Idia mostly keeping them warm with his hair.

'Suddenly, I find myself as a teddy bear...' Hazel thought all red-faced, but the warmth from her soulmates lured her into a nice slumber. And it was probably the most comforting sleep she had since Voldemort's fall.

--------------------------

Man, this one turned intimate at the end. Plz comment and stay safe everyone!