Strange Accidents

--------------------------------

An hour had passed since the Heartslabyul boys practiced on the Mortishackle grounds and a ghost pointed out to Hazel that the Headmaster was coming. 

"Headmaster, what brings you here?" Hazel asked, knowing something was up. "Is something suspicious happening again?"

"I can't pull a wall over your eyes, huh?" Crowsley chuckled before gaining a serious expression. "I came here to ask you for a favor. Talking outside won't do, so let us head in."

Hazel just nodded and told the boys they could be done for now and she'll see them tomorrow. 

[LOCATION: Mortishackle Dorm – Lounge]

"So what's the problem this time?" Grim grumbled as he sat on Hazel's lap.

 "Ahem. Then, let me start from the beginning. There has been an increasingly concerning amount of people being injured in accidents around the school." Crowley said getting to the point.

 "People getting injured?" Grim raised an eyebrow.
"Indeed. Falling down from stairs, getting scalded by boiling water, etc..." Crowley sighed."The reasons vary, but the fact that more people keep visiting the infirmary due to accidents still stands. I smelled a rat at work because of an incident by the staircase yesterday. That makes him the 10th victim. The problem is that when it happens, there were very few witnesses..."
"Aren't they just being clumsy?" Grim asked out loud
 "The Magical Shift Tournament is nearing and it's true that students are getting restless. But, the amount of accidents compared to last year's is too much. What makes it more suspicious, all the people that were injured were students who were the top candidates for the Magical Shift Tournament." Crowley explained and Grim gained a frown on his face along with Hazel.

 "In other words, it's not a simple accident? You think it's being done on purpose." Hazel concluded.

 "Excellent deduction, Hazel. However, we have no evidence to suggest otherwise.
All the accidents happened with at least one witness. And all those who fall victim all say the same thing. None of the ones injured were acting differently before." Crowley explained further.
 "Then, that means they were just being clumsy. Alright, solved~" Grim said crossing his arms.

"But what if that's what the culprit is counting on Grim?" Hazel countered. "And Crowley, I'm agreeing to help out of kindness since the boys are training for it to, even Riddle. I'm helping cause it may involve them. I have no interest in participating, so Mortishackle will be a neutral ref for the tournament if we help. Death itself is neutral, so we will too." 

"Ah, well, I was hoping a place in the tournament itself would draw you in, but a guess being a ref team is fine too. Deal." Crowley sighed, at least happy that Hazel and Grim would help. 

[LOCATION: School Infirmary]

"I heard that the injured people are all here. Pardon the intrusion!" Grim said.
HEARTSLABYUL STUDENT A: "Who're you guys?"
HEARTSLABYUL STUDENT B: "Oh! They're from Mortishackle Dorm. Remember, they were at the Unbirthday Party?"
"Oh~! Looks like we're plenty famous, with them." Grim smiled.

"Don't let it get to your head, Grim." Hazel tapped the cat on his head. "Boys, do you mind if we ask what exactly happened during your accidents? It's an urgent order."

HEARTSLABYUL STUDENT A: I don't really get what happened either. I was walking while talking with this guy... And before I noticed it, I fell down the stairs.
HEARTSLABYUL STUDENT B: Yeah... It's kinda different from him just tripping or slipping...
HEARTSLABYUL STUDENT A: It's like my body just floated and moved on its own... I can't really explain it well...

"....From the sound of that...no that can't be...could it...?" Hazel wondered out loud, making Grim look at her weirdly.

[LOCATION: Classroom]

GRIM: "Hey, you got injured the other day, right? Tell us what happened." Grim asked a Pomefiore student.
POMEFIORE STUDENT A: Who in the world are you guys?
POMEFIORE STUDENT B: His feelings are hurt right now because he trained so hard for the Tournament but now he can't even participate!

"I understand, but I was asked by the headmaster himself to investigate this because he suspects foul play since too many students are getting hurt for it to be normal." Hazel said getting their attention. "So, if you could tell us what exactly happened, we'd be grateful."

POMEFIORE STUDENT A: O-of course Prefect Potter. We'll tell you what happened.
POMEFIORE STUDENT B: It happened in the laboratory. The cauldron he was using to prepare some potions suddenly slipped from his hands and it caused an uproar in the classroom!
To top it off, the potion spilled all over that even the desk was so soaked! I was so surprised, goodness...!
POMEFIORE STUDENT A: Are you going to narrate everything!?

"When it happened, did it feel strange, like something took over?" Hazel asked.

Pomefiore Student A: ! Now that you mention it, yes.

"Thank you. Please take care and hope you get better." Hazel nodded.

[LOCATION: Mortishackle Dorm – Foyer]

"Yanno... For some reason, they all just sound like they're clumsy. Maybe we're overthinking the situation, yanno?" Grim wondered.  Before Hazel could say anything, there was a knock at the door.
GRIM: "Hm? Who's that?"

It was Ace.

 "Heya! Oh, Grim's feeling better?"
 "Oh, it's just you. I'm busy right now, so I have no time to play with you." Grim grumbled.
 "Busy? You're not done with your homework yet?" Ace asked.

Hazel sighed. "We actually got it done earlier on my insistence. But that's not it. You see..."

[LOCATION: Mortishackle Dorm – Lounge]

 "Oh... Investigating all those accidents, huh." Ace said shaking his head.
"But while we were asking them questions, all I could think of was that they were being clumsy or they weren't paying attention." Grim said.

But then Deuce ran though the door, all in a panic.

"Ace, there's a problem! Clover-senpai fell down the stairs and was injured...!" Deuce said out of breath.
GRIM & ACE: "Eh!?"
"Don't tell me...! Even that lanky glasses Trey was hurt!?" Grim shouted in disbelief.

"I don't think he was being clumsy. It's hard to imagine him being careless." Hazel countered.

"True... Trey-senpai doesn't give off that vibe..." Ace said.
"Let's go ask him what happened!" Grim insisted, with Hazel nodding, happy that Grim was finally getting the picture.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here's the next part! Plz comment and stay safe!