Invite of a Viper

GRIM: Look at how the snow piled up, Hazel!' The monster being said as they woke up the next morning.

"No wonder it felt so cold. Let's get to the fireplace."

GRIM: Good idea. The fire spirits must be shivering, too. Let's go bring them some firewood!
And then let's see if there's something to eat in the kitchen! La-la-la~♪

Hazel just shook her head as she brought some of the best firewood she had as they went to the cafeteria

[LOCATION: Cafeteria]

GRIM: Brr, that was cold! My paw pads are like ice now, yanno!
Let's put the firewood into the fireplace quick!

(clattering)

FIRE SPIRIT: (popping sounds)
GRIM: Oh, are you the Fire Spirits in charge of the school's fire? Just sitting next to you is making my fur warm~
FIRE SPIRIT: (popping sounds)

Then the two of them overheard some cutting sounds like someone was cutting up some food.

GRIM: Hm, what's that? I hear the sound of a knife hitting a cutting board and some juicy meat being fried!?!?
And my nose is picking up on some sort of spicy aroma from a foreign kingdom, yanno!?

"You can be able to smell all that?" Hazel asked a little impressed.
GRIM: It's coming from the kitchen! Let's go check, Hazel!

[LOCATION: Kitchen]

As the duo got to the kitchen, they found some Scarabia students were there preparing enough food for a banquet. 'Least it explains where they were.' Hazel thought.

JAMIL: Start defrosting the meat once the vegetables are roasted.
JAMIL: Don't forget the nuts once the oil is hot enough.
SCARABIA STUDENT A: Yes!
SCARABIA STUDENT B: Vice Prefect, about the spices... Will one teaspoon do?
JAMIL: The Prefect prefers it a little spicy... Add one more teaspoon.

GRIM: Oh?! There're still a lot of students even though it's winter break.
JAMIL: Hm? You are...

"Oh, aren't you the one from the Magift Tournament incident...Jamil Viper, Scarabia's vice-prefect right?" Hazel asked.

JAMIL: Ah yes, we talked a little when I got injured during Magift Tournament season.
If I remember correctly, you are... Mortishackle Dorm's Prefect Lady Hazel, and Grim?

GRIM: Pretty good memory ya got there! 

JAMIL: I've always been very good at remembering names and faces. Plus, you two have always stood out since the first day of school.
I don't think there's anyone in this school who doesn't know your names.
GRIM: Eh, izzat so? Nyahahaha! We're pretty famous now, Yuu!

"For better or worse that is..." Hazel said earning a look from Grim.
JAMIL: By the way... Why are you still at school even though it's winter break?
GRIM: Well, I don't have a hometown to go back to. Hazel's just not interested in returning home
Plus the Headmaster entrusted us with keeping the fireplace lit!
 I'm so diligent and trustworthy, yanno~! No wonder the Headmaster asked us to help!

"Actually, he probably did that to get us off his back during break..." Hazel said as if stating the obvious.
JAMIL: Heh~ Is that so... The Headmaster, huh...
(whispering) I may be able to use this...
GRIM: Hm? Ya say something?
JAMIL: I was just thinking that you were pretty amazing to earn the Headmaster's trust like that, is all. Especially you Lady Hazel.

"Please, I'd prefer 'Hazel'. Calling me 'Lady' makes me sound uptight in my opinion." Hazel said with a smile.

"You're certainly humble in this manner." Jamil commented.

"Well, it's one virtue my family makes sure to pass down." Hazel shrugged. 

Then a Scarabia student came by.

SCARABIA STUDENT C: I'm so sorry for bothering, Vice Prefect, but the vegetables are ready.
JAMIL: Thanks, I'll look into it.
GRIM: This soup looks delicious, but I've never smelled anything like it before, yanno?
JAMIL: That's actually a traditional dish from the Land of Hot Sands..." He said as he continued the meal preparations. "Oh, I have an idea. Us meeting here must be some kind of fate. Would you like to have some with us, too?"
GRIM: Wha–!? Can we?!
JAMIL: Yes, of course.
JAMIL: It's only a little bit before cooking's finished. Can I ask you for help with putting on the finishing touches?

"Of course! Can we Hazel?" Grim asked.

"I see no reason why not." Hazel smiled.

Naturally with Hazel's skill in the kitchen, finishing the meal prep took little effort, and the Scarabia Students were impressed with her skill.

GRIM: Alright, it's done!
 Hm~ An aroma full of spices~ I'm drooling already...!

"Not on the food, Grim." Hazel reprimanded her dormmate keeping him from drooling on the food.
JAMIL: Let me see... Yes, that looks good. Thank you for helping with the cooking.
 We're going to eat back at our dorms, so would you like to join us?
GRIM: Nyaha! We will, we will! It's cold so let's hurry and eat it while it's warm~!

"Well, I suppose I could join as well. But I have to get back to the Mortishackle dorm before long. Not only to get a head start on my work, but I plan to send over some gifts to the others while I'm at it." Hazel said. 

As the group left for the Scarabia dorm, the vice-prefect had a ghost of a smile on his face.

'If things go well, there could be a chance for Kalim with her...'

-----------------------------------------------------

Here's the next part. I hope it's good, and I left out the hypnotism for a reason.

Next Kalim and Hazel will meet again. And Hazel gets to try a new food she'll have as a new favorite. 

What's Jamil up to, I wonder? 

For now in addition, what do you think that The Queen of Hearts will think of Hazel concerning her past, struggles, the Peverell story and how they could get along? Plz let me know!

Plz comment and stay safe!