Shocking Turnaround

[LOCATION: Scarabia Dorm – Lounge]

SCARABIA STUDENT A: Ah, I'm so hungry. I wonder what's for dinner tonight.
SCARABIA STUDENT B: Training today was so tough, too~
GRIM: The floor here is so heated, yanno? It's completely paradise compared to our dorm.
Kalim's a good guy, too. I wanna be a part of this dorm now~ Oh, uh, not that I don't like you Hazel...hehe...

JAMIL: You're all here, I gather? The Prefect has something to announce before we eat.
SCARABIA STUDENT A: Something the Prefect wants to announce...?
GRIM: Oh, yeah. Kalim said so a while ago...
I think he'll stop the training and that he'll allow the students to go home tomorrow, right?

I'm sure that they'll be happy, but I'll be a bit sad knowing that we can't eat good food every day, yanno~

Then Kalim appeared, but Hazel sensed something was wrong.

KALIM: .........
I made a decision that we would be staying in our dorms and training at 6 every morning, but...
I realized something.
THAT'S NOT ENOUGH!!!!!
ALL: Eh!?
JAMIL: Kalim, I thought we'd be sending the students home...!?
GRIM: He's saying the complete opposite of his promise, yanno!?
KALIM: I know i had promised thay, but then I realized: There's no way that we'll accomplish our goal with so short a time.
We have to exert twice, no—Five times the effort if you don't want to disgrace the name of the dorm!

Starting tomorrow, we'll be doing five hours of studying and then four hours of training!
GRIM: Eh? Nine hours of work every day?
KALIM: After dinner will be defensive magic training! Eat and then get ready immediately!
SCARABIA STUDENTS: Y-yes...!

Then Kalim looked over at Hazel and Grim.

KALIM: ...Jamil, escort Hazel to my quarters. Grim can take the spare room.
GRIM: EH!? WHY US, TOO!?

'This is turning into something strange...What happened to him all of a sudden...?' Hazel thought as she was led to Kalim's room.

JAMIL: .........

Now Hazel found herself in a fancy room and wondered what was happening. Then she heard a click at the door. Was she locked in?! Ah, what a time to be without her cloak or wand! She'll have to wait for Kalim, but right now, she needed to wash up. It wasn't hard to find the bathroom, but it looked like an extravagant hot spring.

-------------------------------------

[LOCATION: Scarabia Dorm]

KALIM: Alright, that's all for today!
We'll be marching towards the Eastern Oasis tomorrow morning. We'll be doing this thoroughly, so get ready!

SCARABIA STUDENT A: (panting) I can't feel my arms and legs anymore...
SCARABIA STUDENT B: Someone... Please give me some water...
SCARABIA STUDENT C: We'll be running in the desert tomorrow morning...
SCARABIA STUDENT A: What happened to the Prefect...? He never did things like this before...

JAMIL: .........

GRIM: (panting) It's finally over...I thought he was a smiley, happy-go-lucky dude, but it's like he's a different person now... What happened?
JAMIL: I'm sure that he's being influenced by Scarabia's results during the Tournament and during the exams...He's probably feeling responsible for it.
He's becoming a little bit more unstable lately.
GRIM: That's more than unstable, yanno? It's like he's a different person.
JAMIL: I've known him for a long time, but I haven't seen Kalim act like that before at all.
 His speech and conduct has changed, and he becomes tyrannous all of a sudden... I can't keep up...
 Everyone's followed him as Prefect with no problem before, but right now they're at a loss for what to do...
He's becoming unreasonable lately, as well...
It's only a matter of time before the students start complaining.
JAMIL: I've managed to back him up until now, but... I can already feel my limit.