Headcannon: Birthday?

As we know, this is the birthday of the canon Harry Potter, and so in my story, it's also Hazel's.

As I'm sure you know, Hazel, thanks to her 'relatives', never celebrates her birthday. So picture it like this; when Ace asks Hazel what she plans to do for her birthday since it's coming up.

To his, and the other first-year group's surprise, Hazel shrugs and says she doesn't celebrate it. When Deuce asks why, and Hazel just puts her hands in her jacket pockets and says that she doesn't have any good memories thanks to her mom's only living relatives who she was saddled with.

She walks off and doesn't notice the group's thoughtful looks. 

The next day on her birthday, Grim in an uncharacteristic move, woke her up to do some errands. When they get back at Mortishackle, to Hazel's surprise, the resident ghosts, Selina, Alex, Teddy, the boys, and her soulmates set up a surprise party for her and Grim volunteered to get her out long enough for them to set up. Even Drake was there.

In summary, Hazel enjoyed herself as she was given so many gifts; roses and sweets and a cookbook, some nice clothing, artifacts from other countries in Twisted Wonderland, (Leona begrudgingly gave Hazel a card, saying it was from Cheka that he made himself. How sweet of him!) some jewelry, a touchpad that displayed the stars like a night-lamp and even Hazel's full family tree, a few books, and so on.

The cake that Trey had made tasted of Hazel's favorite dessert; treacle tart along with sweet peaches and mangoes.

Hazel may have never liked celebrating her birthday before because of bad memories, but that was because she was always fighting to live.

Now she can live TO live. She can finally celebrate her own life in peace.

-------------------------------

What do you think?

Happy Birthday to Hazel!