HC: Reactions to the new Mortishackle Dorm

I had realized that I never put up any reactions to the Mortishackle dorm, or the story of it.

Here's also the info for the dorm in case you didn't know:

Mortishackle Dorm:

A new dormitory Hazel had decided to create, it's founded on 'The multi-obscurity of the Collector of Souls', or Death, mostly revolving on it's tale with the Peverell Brothers; Hazel's ancestors. The reason why is to remind the students that Death is a silent, unspoken character in almost every story and that nothing can avoid it and no power can cease it. Death is also mostly seen as a neutral force because eventually Death comes for all souls no matter if they were good or bad, because they all soon come to the grave. Although in certain stories they can be seen as a neutral villain like in the Peverell Story, sometimes as a helpful being for a common goal, but this being mostly remains indifferent, making Death a hard entity to figure out. For it's motto is 'mystery' and always will be. They also go by many names, takes on many forms throughout history and can be shown as either a masculine or even a feminine being showing Death has no set identity unlike the Great Seven, adding to their obscurity. In the Peverell Story, Death's identified as 'male'.

Mortishackle Insignia:

The shield is a coffin design to indicate Death. On top of it is the Deathly Hallows symbol, and chains enveloping the lower half. On the top of the coffin, there are a pair of skeletal hands; Death's hands, creeping out. Under the Deathly Hallows insignia is a banner holding the dorm name in cursive. 

Colors:

The main colors for the insignia and banner are black and silver (Coffin and dorm name are black, banner and chains are silver), and a little bit of white (Death's hands and the Hallows symbol).

Mortishackle Statue:

Death's statue is how he's depicted in The Tale of the Three Brothers (If you don't know, look it up on youtube). This is his short summary:

'The Collector of Souls. The one being who is a true neutral force for he come for all equally, both good and evil. The wise he allows to live to see the next generation and so on. But woe to those who dare to provoke or cheat him. For unless they properly atone for their wrongdoings, he will arrange a most tragic demise for the arrogant and the foolish.'

The 'eyes' of the statue make other students feeling like they are following them everywhere.

Mortishackle theme:

An instrumental theme of the Peverell Story song, and the song itself is the dorm's theme, to have the students remember that death is another part of life. And that life itself is short, so they should live while they can. The only creed of this dorm is to remain a neutral force unless provoked for a proper reason, not for anything petty.

To be the next prefect:

Anyone who wants to be the next prefect must pass three tests made by the Brothers' Statues

'Anitoch-The One who died for Power' (Shown as he was in the Peverell story, but with a gash across his neck)

'Cadimus-The One who died for Hopeless Love' (Shown as he was in the story, but with a depressed look and a noose around his neck)

'Ignotius-The One who greeted Death as a friend' (Shown as a young man in their 20's wearing the cloak but he vanishes whenever the moon is waning. On the day of his death, he appears as a old man in his 80's with a contented smile on his face. Afterwards, his statue becomes a young man again.)

1. Anitoch: Why do people constantly seek power and what does it really do to people?

2. Cadimus: Why do people still try to attain the impossible when it's already out of reach?

3. Ignotius: Do you believe one's fate is really set in stone? Why do people blindly try to cheat Death when it will come for them in a more tragic way?

Stories Death is associated with:

The Peverell Story; Neutral Villain

Cinderella and the Poisoned Apple (Look it up on youtube); Anti-Hero (In my version, Death is angry that 'Cinderella' had escaped him by becoming a demon, and tasks her old friend who became a nun to kill her stating it's for her own good. The friend does so with a heavy heart, and Death takes 'Cinderella's' and the demon's souls as revenge. Just replace the ending with this one: 'Sadly the prince never came with a slipper and a kiss. Instead the black maiden was given a friend's retribution. But the Midnight bell rings once more, marking a nightmare's end, The tainted Cinderella is now free from the devil's curse.')

Many Disney stories; Silent unseen character, unknown

Side-note: Hazel decided for next batch of students who are assigned to her dorm in the Welcoming ceremony to be based on the Day of the Dead, which the students are entertained by the ghosts and colorful moving skeletons, and they dance among the tombstones, and have an all-you-can-eat Welcome dinner. This ceremony opens with the 'Peverell Story' song, and ends with 'Grim Grinning Ghosts' at around Midnight. The other songs in-between are 'Witches Brew, Thriller, Somebody's watching Me, Bump in the Night, Pet Sematary, Don't Fear the Reaper, Werewolves of London, Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, Another One Bites the Dust, Maneater,' and so on. Tombstones decorated with mourning flowers, firefly lights among the trees, and Hazel uses a special non-melting dry ice in tubs of water to create a spooky fog, but not too thick, especially for the refreshments.

Dorm outfit:

the outfits for Mortishackle are similar to what a modern butler would wear with a Victorian twist but in black with silver/white trimmings, the Mortishackle insignia on the left of the coat collar, and Hazel would complete her personal outfit with her Invisability Cloak that can be seen until she uses it. (Think like in an anime cosplay)

------------------------

What do you think would be reactions of the other dorms first reactions/thoughts be of the new Mortishackle dorm of any of these things! Let me know what you think!

Heartslabyul: Riddle would probably be surprised with 'the new dorm' news, but he wouldn't know until he sees the statue of Death in the Main Square. Ace and Deuce would be most freaked by the statue because the 'eyes' look like they're following you, and it looks more life-like ironically. Trey would be most interested in the Symbol of Mortishackle on the coffin since he doesn't know what it could mean. Cater, despite being silenced, he'll post the statue's engraving on Magicame.

Savannaclaw: Leona may or may not get curious, but this means he has one more rival to contend with. Ruggie will probably be the one to investigate Mortishackle if Leona orders him. Jack doesn't show any interest, but he actually wonders why the dorm's insignia is that of a coffin and such, and the story behind it.

Octaniville: Azul, being the calculating octopus he is, will want to delve into the creation of the new dorm and why Death is the mascot. He'll also have the twins who are just as curious look into the matter. But they would be caught off guard if they see the statues of the Peverell Brothers.

Scarabia: Kalim would be curious of Mortishackle and want to meet the new arrival, but Jamil has to have him hold his horses.

Pomefiore: Vil would be a bit disturbed at the stories Death's revolved around, while at the same time understanding that Death's a necessary being. Rook would actually like the fashionable outfit that Hazel's thought of for Mortishackle. Epel would be more or less interested at Death itself, but more cautious of it because of the inscription. 

Ignihyde: I don't really know about Idia, but he'll interested that there's now a dorm dedecated to Death himself. Same with Othro, and I think he would like the idea of the welcoming party too

Diasomnia: I'm still stuck on their reactions. (Help with this one, anyone?)

NRC Staff:

----------------------

plz comment and stay safe!