Pieceing the Puzzle Together

[LOCATION: Savanaclaw Dorm – Leona's Room]

RUGGIE: Thanks for the hard work today, Leona-san~ I brought you your dinner. Oh, and that other job is going really well.
LEONA: You're really sensible, huh, Ruggie.
RUGGIE: Of course, I am~ Anything's doable if it's for you, Leona-san~!
LEONA: Hah, listen to yourself. You're doing this for your own good, aren't you?
RUGGIE: Aw, don't be like that, Leona-san~ This is for our sakes.
We're of the same opinion about overturning this world. The hyena said with a smirk.
RUGGIE: Even the hyenas served the King of Beasts to overturn the situation they were in.
RUGGIE: I'm just doing the same thing.
LEONA: Hmph, then do your "hunting" properly. Don't leave any evidence.
RUGGIE: Shishishi! Of course~ Not leaving any trace of their prey is a hyena's specialty, after all~
RUGGIE: By the way, Leona-san. What do you think of Potter? I mean, she's not participating, but what do you think of her in general?

That had the lion silent for a bit. But then he smirked.
Leona: Obviously, she's not someone to fool around with. Besides, she was also the very witch that defeated the most Sinister dark lord That Ever Walked the face of the Earth. He could have also threatened our own people. Wiped us out even. Since then, people flock to her, like lap dogs following a leader, or even daring to try to get revenge on her for the Dark Lord's end. But they can never beat her. It's like trying to fight against Mother Nature's wild forces. And it's always shown man's folly...but if things go according to plan. Her power could be in my grasp in another way.  Ruggie: Oh, I get what you mean. In the meantime, Which player from what dorm should we target next?
LEONA: Let's see...
LEONA: How about a wolf who stands and eavesdrops on people's conversations?
RUGGIE: Eh!?
LEONA: You're there, aren't ya, 1st year brat? It's kinda rude of you to listen in on people's conversations like that.

[LOCATION: Savanaclaw Dorm – Leona's Room]

JACK: .......
LEONA: What are you doing here late in the night? Are you so homesick that you need someone to sing you a lullaby?
RUGGIE: Should I sing for you~? Shishishishi!
JACK: I want to know the reason why you're doing this.
LEONA: I see now. You want to hear a bedtime story, huh. Fine, I'll tell you.
LEONA: For two years in a row now, we've always lost at the first match against Diasomnia and Malleus.
LEONA: Eliminated in the first round, constantly.
They're consecutive winners. Ever since we went against them, our dorm, which was known for making opponents tremble, look like weak kittens now.

And our pathetic plays were broadcast to the entire world. What do you think happened afterwards?" He asked bitterly.
LEONA: The Prefect was deemed incompetent and all the professional league offers for Savanaclaw dwindled to zero.
JACK: That's... It's because you simply needed to do more...
LEONA: I can't argue against that saying.
LEONA: Until last year, we weren't living up to our true potentials at all.
Only an idiot would think he'd stand a chance against those monsters. Well, maybe Potter could go toe to toe with them. She's said to be the strongest since Merlin himself. Which places her among the best. Where we should be. Ah, I'm getting off topic.
LEONA: We knew we'd lose already, but it's not like we have no plans.
LEONA: I doubt that the foundation of our dorm, the King of Beasts, would stand for us being pathetic.
JACK: Even so! Doing something as low as cheating is wrong!
LEONA: Wrong?
LEONA: Jack... I'm doing this because I'm concerned about Savanaclaw's  students' futures, you know?
LEONA: If the whole world sees us defeat Malleus, all those offers will come back to Savanaclaw together with our dignity.

LEONA: Malleus will be inducted to the Hall of Fame next year, so that's why we have to win this year.
LEONA: And you're saying that you'll ruin this chance because of your blind justice?
LEONA: Are you planning on ruining your seniors' futures?
JACK: Th-that's...!
LEONA: Using any means necessary to win in life is a given. It doesn't matter if it's cheating or not. Even Potter knew that when she had to finish off the dark lord, they say she even risked her life to destroy artfacts he tainted to kill him off for good.
RUGGIE: Shishishi! This school is a dog-eat-dog world. Being a goody-two-shoes will just kill you.
JACK: I'm sure you can take Malleus on if you play with your full potential, Prefect!
JACK: I still remember the way you played three years ago. I...!
LEONA: Don't speak as if you know anything about me!
LEONA: Play with all I've got? How stupid. No matter how much effort I put in, nothing will change.
LEONA: Get out now if you still want to see the light of day.
JACK: .......