Fairy Gala part 1

New Years and the holidays had passed and Hazel has secured 4 of her soulmates and winter would be coming to a close. During that time, Selina became good friends with Kalim and Jamil especially. Though the latter felt a little insecure when he learned she was royalty, cause what would she want with a guy like himself? Some students didn't forget what went down in Scarabia, but one of Hazel's looks would make them shut up.

Though, something strange would happen this day...

(In the headmaster's office!)

Kalim: Headmaster! I've found you. We've got a problem. There's something wrong with the college. It's always warm at Scarabia but now it's snowing really heavily.

Jamil

We had to shovel our way through the snow and managed to escape from the dorm, but it was like an oven in the mirror chamber when we got out.

Crowley

Asim-kun, Viper-kun. I see it's the same for where you are.

Jamil: The same?

Crowley

Something is wrong with the temperature in my office, too. Indeed cold enough to freeze my feathers! Temperature regulation across NRC grounds is entrusted to the fairies. The power for it comes from a precious magic gem we retain here at the college. There is a possibility that someone has tampered with it.

Kalim

Then let's hurry and take a look!

--------------------

[Mirror Chamber]

Jamil: The precious magic gem is stored here in the mirror chamber?

Crowley: Actually, it's hidden in a room here we hide from sight. It is forbidden to enter this room without my permi.......ssion? AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!???? It..... It's gone!!!! Our treasured gem that supplies magical power to the fairies!!!!! It's disappeared!!!!

Kalim and Jamil:What!?

Crowley: Viper-kun, Al-Asim-kun, summon all the dorm leaders for an emergency meeting!

Kalim: Got it!

[Headmaster's office]

*noise of strong cold wind blowing*

Leona: It's freezing!! What the hell's up with this room.....!

Azul: Oh, I'm saved. Octavinelle has been stifling since this morning, I was about to break a sweat.

Idia: Ignihyde's like a sauna! What am I supposed to do if my PC gives out! I demand you fix it immediately!

Crowley

Everyone, silence! Allow me to explain the reason why this is happening.....As we can all see, we have lost control of temperature regulation within college facilities. The cause is the disappearance of the magic gem that supplies power to the fairies.

Riddle: Magic Gem?

Crowley

Indeed........The reason we can live comfortably within the college facilities no matter the season is due to the fire, water and wind fairies and so on.....It's thanks to the magic of many different fairies. Without a magic gem, the fairies do not have the power supply to control our air conditioning. Therefore, we've been very very carefully keeping one in the mirror chamber, and yet...I have no doubts that someone has stolen it! What a damned thing to do!!

Azul: So you are saying... that the stolen object in question is a gem that supplies significant power to fairies. In that case, the first party we should be suspicious of must be 'the fairies' themselves? And saying that, there is, as a matter of fact, a fairy among ourselves here. A rather large one.

Malleus:......You're not being very subtle, Ashengrotto. Are you saying that I, next in line as head for the Valley of Thorns, would commit such a dirty act?

Azul: Heavens, no! Excuse me if I've hurt your feelings.

Hazel shook her head at this.

Idia: Besides, Malleus won't get a buff from the magic that comes out of that gem, anyway. It's 'cause he's like that kind of broken character that gets his MP gauge recovered automatically*.

Kalim: Right, right. There's no one here that thinks Malleus is a thief. Uh. Does anything come to mind about the fairies, maybe?

Malleus:...Now that I think about it...... I saw fairies last night when I was out taking a walk that I don't usually see on that route. They were about the size of my palm, dressed in leaves. And they were carrying this rainbow-coloured stone between them, it looked heavy.......

Crowley: A rainbow-coloured stone?! That is without a doubt our missing magic gem!! Draconia-kun. Where exactly were those fairies heading?!

Malleus: I think it was towards the botanical garden.

Crowley: Everyone, let us hurry there at once!

-----------------------

Here's the first part of the Gala story! Bet you can't wait for the expressions of the soulmates!

The reason why Hazel isn't on the meeting is that Mortishackle's role is to be a neutral force unless a situation calls for Mortishackle to be involved say if a natural balance that has nothing to do with magical causes is out of whack like the balance of life and death. Don't worry, we'll see her soon!

right now, I need my rest after work.

Plz comment and stay safe!